Will all phones have Panorama after AU ?

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I am reading in the Forums that Panorama has not been enabled on all phones on Insider Fast Ring with update to their Camera app.
Does this mean that all phones with W10 will not get Panorama after 2nd August ?

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
All phones should get panorama. Even the ones on 10586 (I think, don't hold my word for that one), since it's an app update, it's not system specific.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I read in the comments in Forums that it is ' sweep Panorama' with the latest update to Camera in Fast Insider and it is not available on phones without a digital compass .

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I read in the comments in Forums that it is ' sweep Panorama' with the latest update to Camera in Fast Insider and it is not available on phones without a digital compass .

False, I got a 650 (no compass) , I got Panorama inside Camera app and it works flawlessy (it uses tilt sensors)

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
False, I got a 650 (no compass) , I got Panorama inside Camera app and it works flawlessy (it uses tilt sensors)

What about phones without digital compass and those that came with W 8.1 out of the box,later upgrading to W10 mobile ?
Owners of these phones are saying that they did not get Panorama with the update (535,540,532)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
What about phones without digital compass and those that came with W 8.1 out of the box,later upgrading to W10 mobile ?
Owners of these phones are saying that they did not get Panorama with the update (535,540,532)

For what I know, all fast ring insiders got Panorama in new Camera app (see Windows Central article and Dona tweet about that).
First I though it was a setting or a filter, then after minutes I noticed a 3rd new almost invisible unusual button on the left of the central Shoot :p

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
For what I know, all fast ring insiders got Panorama in new Camera app (see Windows Central article and Dona tweet about that).
First I though it was a setting or a filter, then after minutes I noticed a 3rd new almost invisible unusual button on the left of the central Shoot :p

I meant the comments below the Windows Central article and also comments in AppRaisin where these phone owners were disappointed that they did not get it.
650 owners said they got it.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
they seem to be inching towards making old phones obsolete by any means possible, they claimed the new skype preview is only for redstone since it has an specific hardware noise cancelling feature thing, which is probably present on 1% of wp hardware today(950, x3, jade primo) so not coming to TH2, now they will probably have some argument here for panorama being RS1 only

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
A year ago they said hyperlapse app couldn't run on some phones and yet they released it for those same phones that couldn't run hyperlapse app - so this can go either way

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by Chintan Gohel
A year ago they said hyperlapse app couldn't run on some phones and yet they released it for those same phones that couldn't run hyperlapse app - so this can go either way

yea but if it requires the most minimum investment to make it run on certain devices they just cant do it, I believe they simply dont have the resources, so if say a certain app made for a 650 happens to run without any further work on a 640, fine, released for everyone, but if the 640 for some reason needs a minor tweak, it simply gets cut

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I did not get panorama on my 950 for some odd reason (fast ring)

check his post and confirm

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I used Lumia Panorama quite frequently while on Windows 8.1 on my 535DS without any problems .Now on W10,after I use Lumia Panorama,my main Camera app shows error , working properly only after a soft reset.This happened quite a few times so I stopped using Lumia Panorama on W10. I had been hoping that panorama would be released to Camera .
Anyone with a 535/540/532/435 on Fast Insider, please could you confirm whether you got Panorama with the latest update to the Camera app ?
Thanks in advance !

Last edited:

gbm97

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi I'm the guy with the old clunky Lumia 435 without the glamour, luster, chrome bezels and the status that goes with it.
I know I'm out of luck for getting panorama mode. It would only make sense.
My phone has no gyro compass or whatever gadget into it...from what I gather.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi I'm the guy with the old clunky Lumia 435 without the glamour, luster, chrome bezels and the status that goes with it.
I know I'm out of luck for getting panorama mode. It would only make sense.
My phone has no gyro compass or whatever gadget into it...from what I gather.

so when you rotate your phone, the screen doesn't auto rotate in camera?

gbm97

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
so when you rotate your phone, the screen doesn't auto rotate in camera?

Yes the screen rotates when turning camera.
There is some sort of hardware missing in older phones that is needed in order for the panorama to work. My apologies if I'm wrong and cant remember where I seen it. Something along the lines of a compass.
Actually Rinsins post above mentioned it as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)