Universal stylus for non-touch notebooks

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking about it... Does such a universal device / adaptator exist, able to touch and write on every notebook screen?

Maybe a usb sensor / capacitator to put at the bottom of the screen , able to see pen movements and touches?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking about it... Does such a universal device / adaptator exist, able to touch and write on every notebook screen?

Maybe a usb sensor / capacitator to put at the bottom of the screen , able to see pen movements and touches?

are you sugesting that after seeing the mclaren phone videos? :wink:

I don't think that could work since there needs to be accuracy. Having a sensor at the top will not be able to gauge depth or accurate distance

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
are you sugesting that after seeing the mclaren phone videos? :wink:

I don't think that could work since there needs to be accuracy. Having a sensor at the top will not be able to gauge depth or accurate distance

Last years started the pre-order of AirBar, a revolutionary touch-adding sensor bar for all displays.
Site is still as months ago... Fear it was vaporware :(

Years ago I made a DIY project with a BIC, infrared led, cell, a webcam sticked in front of keyboard watching the screen, and a chinese genius open software

Cam watched infrared and software moved pointer togheter. But due to amateurish project and very slow HW (a PentiumD) I abandoned it

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Last years started the pre-order of AirBar, a revolutionary touch-adding sensor bar for all displays.
Site is still as months ago... Fear it was vaporware :(

Years ago I made a DIY project with a BIC, infrared led, cell, a webcam sticked in front of keyboard watching the screen, and a chinese genius open software

Cam watched infrared and software moved pointer togheter. But due to amateurish project and very slow HW (a PentiumD) I abandoned it

I need to start thinking more optimistically :cool:. You have something there

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo