Any difference downloading W10 .ISO from MS site or with MCT

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
MCT - MediaCreationTool. I have extra hard drive that I want to use for W10 (primary is W7, want to try 10 safely on extra drive).
Now, I already burned ISO from MS website to flash drive, but is it different from MCT? Also, I will be disconnecting drive with W7 before installation, in this case will I have to enter product key for 10 to have it for free. I know if I upgrade W7 (thru Get W10) I won't have to

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
You could use the Disk Image backup in W7 to clone the drive onto the external drive and then just upgrade your main drive. Any issues and use W7 recovery to restore image.

W10 also has a rollback option to W7.

ISO are likely not bit copies but end result should be the same. W10 checks during install for updates and applies as part of the install, so different W10 images should result in the same end install.

Edit: My feeling would be MCT could potentially create a more up to date image than any ISO, but no idea if it does.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
W10 also has a rollback option to W7.
I think I'm not getting W10. Long time ago I tried it once. It was a mess, so I tried to roll back to 7. But it would "roll back" to 10, and in the end my HDD was destroyed.

I tried to install it again (the ISO from MS). The result: my extra HDD is gone too now

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium