Received update to Facebook Beta, won't open

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I received an update this morning to Facebook Beta by Facebook Inc (the official one supposed to be coming out soon.)

I'm on Lumia 640 LTE, build 14393.5. The app just shows a splash screen for a few moments and then closes. I can no longer open Facebook. I do understand I would not have been able to originally install the app without setting my region to Germany or France. However, it has previously updated with no issues.

Is there anyone else that it has now stopped working for? I've already soft reset the phone several times. Previously, before the update, I always had to start it twice, as the first time would crash on start and close, and the second time it would launch fine. Now it won't launch no matter how many times I try.

I understand it's beta, just wondering "Is it just me?"

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
IDK.. I'm still using the one made by MS, it just looks so much better. I don't know if I can switch to the one made by FB.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Uninstall and Reinstall finally did it. What a pain, though. Had to change region to France, reboot, find Wi-Fi, download, change region back to United States, and reboot again. Finally working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa