Moving to WP10 from BB10; got questions...

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to have the wifi menu and network menu set as tiles..? I couldn't see a menu for it anywhere.

As someone suggested you could pin the tile from the settings menu, the only problem with this is it works when opening but after you hit a back button it doesnt exit immediately, it goes back 2 steps, try and you'll see what I mean.

There are third party apps that do this in a much cleaner way.I use this.
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...2Fp%2Fhot-tiles%2F9wzdncrfhvqz&token=1U13voGz

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I can see now how the Start screen can be everything I need to see. I started to move things around last night but I hadn't thought that my email accounts could be separate tiles.

Is there a way to have the wifi menu and network menu set as tiles..? I couldn't see a menu for it anywhere.

For Wifi or Network Menu, it's easily accessible via action centre. Just swipe down, and LONG PRESS the WiFi toggle. It will take you immediately to the WiFi settings menu.

Also, instead of pinning individual Email Tiles, you can just pin the Outlook Mail tile and in the setting, set the emails to have linked inboxes so you can view all your email under one inbox. But I'm not so sure about this since I feel like it is too cluttered the first time I used it. As of now, I prefer to have each email with their own tile.

Mellfee

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Thank you to everyone for all the help and suggestions. Some really good ideas there...

Two last questions; what's the best way to back this phone up (bearing in mind I have always used a desktop software like blackberry link).
And, what's the beat way to control the virtual keyboard? It sometimes is in the way when I don't want it, and other times I cant get it when I need it...

slickxsparkie

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Thank you to everyone for all the help and suggestions. Some really good ideas there...

Two last questions; what's the best way to back this phone up (bearing in mind I have always used a desktop software like blackberry link).
And, what's the beat way to control the virtual keyboard? It sometimes is in the way when I don't want it, and other times I cant get it when I need it...

You can backup your phone going to SETTINGS > UPDATE & SECURITY > BACKUP

if you ever need to restore, it'll ask you to put in your account info and select the backup file if you have multiple. It's all sync'd in the cloud.

The keyboard error is a known glitch. Not sure if they fixed in the anniversary update. So you basically just keep trying. I think the latest build for Windows Insider is pretty good in that regard. Welcome to Windows Phone :)

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site

I personally never backed up my phone. Using my Lumia 830, most of my files are in my SD card such as pictures, music, etc. I couldn't care less about my app informations such as saved games and what not simply because I rarely game on my phone. I've a PC for that :) . But from my time spent reading all the tips and tricks in this site, the best way to back up would be through OneDrive. You just need an internet connection, which is a must especially when you're planning to hard-reset your phone (to update all the apps and what not).

Controlling keyboard? I'm not sure if you're talking about a bug where the keyboard stays on the screen even when it shouldn't, but if that's the bug you're referring to, then you can only hope for a fix through updates (Never face such bugs tho. Lucky me ;) ) But if I were you, I'd try pressing the back button once. Usually that fixes it when I'm using WhatsApp (opening message via pressing on notification opens WhatsApp with the keyboard on the screen, but I did not tap the chat box).

Also, you should know that the keyboard is resizable and moveable, as well as being able to turn it to left-handed or right-handed mode. To resize, press and hold the space bar button, and when the highlight box appear, swipe right to make the keyboard smaller and in right-handed mode, or left to make it smaller as well but in left-handed mode. To move them, do the same thing but instead of swiping left or right, drag the keyboard up or down.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Good thing is for contact and SMS usually automatically backed up so if y ever do hard reset they should be there after log in, for others I recomended using SD card 4 music video and picture

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Didn't it switch to cloud stuff with WP8? (before Nadella)

he's been with microsoft for more than 20 years, he was the cloud division guy, the fact that WP8 got switched to cloud stuff was a plan made possible because of him, and he's still the cloud guy, he also says mobile first, but I'd like to see how first he means after RS2 and L960(or whatever he calls it) gets into mr mobile and dan's hands

wullie42

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Is the cloud the only location you can save to?
Yes, but for me it comes in handy if you need to reset your phone for whatever reason (needed to do it once with my Lumia 830 when I had a problem with my SD card). All your settings (start screen layout, etc.) will be restored automatically. Almost as if you had not reset the phone. Only reinstalling the apps will take some time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon