whats app issue on build 14393.5

mighty haggis

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
i updated to this build a few days ago on my 930 & have noticed that i no longer get whats app notifications both sound & on tile, also that bluetooth will not switch off & causes phone to freeze, thought it was only my phone that was doing this but it is also happening on my wifes 640xl, anyboby else having this issue

artsjedi

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
It seems that any background task is working.. (Whatsapp Messenger, Skype.) none of them.
When i turn off the phone, or simply press the "home" button. any background task is stopped. I dont know what to do!

Last edited:

abhinavsaprey

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by mighty haggis
i updated to this build a few days ago on my 930 & have noticed that i no longer get whats app notifications both sound & on tile, also that bluetooth will not switch off & causes phone to freeze, thought it was only my phone that was doing this but it is also happening on my wifes 640xl, anyboby else having this issue

I had this same issue when I updated to 14393.5

Just take a backup of your WhatsApp messages and reinstall WhatsApp. Or better yet install WhatsApp beta since its a public beta now and restore your messages. Reinstalling seems to solve this issue. Good luck!

artsjedi

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
No... Is the dafault sound. I checked. The problem is not the notification but the are not running on background. I checked at my friends phone and the send message only gets one "check". It means that my phone don't even received the message.

But it sometimes works and sometimes don't.. I don't know why.. Its not related to network also.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
No... Is the dafault sound. I checked. The problem is not the notification but the are not running on background. I checked at my friends phone and the send message only gets one "check". It means that my phone don't even received the message.

But it sometimes works and sometimes don't.. I don't know why.. Its not related to network also.

If your friends see only one sign on messages, THAT's a network iussue.
You are making confusion: a background working app doesn't means you find already open in the backgroud. Consider your phone as a notebook: do you know how background apps are working? that's the same. App is working, NOT already opened.
If you enabled that in Background, and disabled keep private in lock screen in Notify settings, they should work. Then, make a soft reset.
If that's a network iussue, check internet APN settings, maybe you lost them during update

artsjedi

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
it's not a network issue because I change between mobile data and WIFI, it does not affect this issue.
My phone is turned on.. (with whatsapp closed) ... the message does not reach my phone. I just tap the application icon and open whatsapp, and then the message are received. In other words, the message don't are received with the app closed.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
it's not a network issue because I change between mobile data and WIFI, it does not affect this issue.
My phone is turned on.. (with whatsapp closed) ... the message does not reach my phone. I just tap the application icon and open whatsapp, and then the message are received. In other words, the message don't are received with the app closed.

Go to settings -> Write background in search line -> Scroll background apps list and enable Whatsapp, then reboot your phone.
It works flawlessy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre