When will the official build of Anniversary Update be released?

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking that on Home editions, since they are barred from delaying updates, any released update should be made available straight away whether MS like it or not, are ready for it or not. MS should only be able to elect to delay the update on Pro systems. Those are the rules they think are reasonable for customers, why would they not find them equally acceptable for themselves?

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I hope the Media Creation Tool page will tell us that it will download the anniversary edition and not the old one. I'm waiting for this to make me a DVD and install it on my computer (I'm currently on Linux you see).

Davis Rayler

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
I hope the Media Creation Tool page will tell us that it will download the anniversary edition and not the old one. I'm waiting for this to make me a DVD and install it on my computer (I'm currently on Linux you see).

Why do we always keep coming back to Windows? I've tried to use Lunix plenty of times.. but there is always a program or two that makes me go back to Windows!

Mainer82

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Same here, I'd like to have the the Media Creation Tool have the updated information. I need to ISO to perform some clean installs on several devices for family.

Microsoft did update their volume licensing site with the new build it looks like, Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1607 (Updated Jul '16).

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Why do we always keep coming back to Windows? I've tried to use Lunix plenty of times.. but there is always a program or two that makes me go back to Windows!

Yeah that's true but I've managed to get everything working as of yet. What makes me go back this time is that Linux makes my laptop become hot no matter the tricks I tried online and becomes pretty slow with use. Windows just generally works better. But I'm a switcher! I go from one to the other :grincry:

wariscoming

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Agreed. I just created a new USB drive using the tool and upon install the terms and conditions were still referencing July 2015 so it still looks like their official ISO page has not been updated with the Anniversary Update yet.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
The media creation tool is still 10586.117 for those wondering...

Good info. They did say that the media creation tool will not be the first metod updated to get Anniversary. I wonder how long it will take, since it's convenient to use that to update several computers you own.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm also eagerly awaiting the ISO's being ready. I've got some computers to upgrade with fresh installs!

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
How can you check this? Does it say it on the site itself? I downloaded an ISO using this and I can't find a way to check its build no?

you check it by downloading the file, right clicking on it, choose properties and it will tell you the version number on one of the tabs. it was 10586 earlier and now its 14393 and says updated at 12:55PM.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
you check it by downloading the file, right clicking on it, choose properties and it will tell you the version number on one of the tabs. it was 10586 earlier and now its 14393 and says updated at 12:55PM.
Great thanks for answering this!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett