Steam problems with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I have been trying to make people aware of this problems I have got on my three PCs that have received the update, so far no luck, it seems I am too late on the feedback.

I have one 8" Atom X5 Tablet in the Fast ring, when I updated it to the Anniversary update the Steam Store never showed up and it showed the loading ring in a loop never completing the circle, I though it was a problem with my cheap Tablet so I tried to reset Steam, no luck, and reinstall it, no luck, at the end I did reset Windows 10 and it worked ok, so I forgot about the issue and never reported it.

Last week I did update my two primary PCs on the Release ring, to my surprise the problem is still there with my Custom Build Core i3-6100 PC with the same problem as my cheap Tablet and my Old Transformer T100TA with a bigger problem because Steam never loads so not store and no games on this one. It seems the problem with the Steam Store could be related to DirectWrite as I have dissabled it on the Steam settings when posible and it seems to work fine, sadly that is not possible on my Transformer.

Add to that than Arc Games Platform is not loading on both PCs and Curse Mods Client has problems detecting the network, on both this cases unistalling and installing again make things worse because none of them cant be installed, Arc Installer doesnt load and Curse shows a problem.

Steam resetting and reinstalling works just as bad as in my cheap Tablet, resetting Windows is not a problem for me on my Main PC and I'll do it now with the RefreshWindowsTool, but on my Transformer it is really a problem, so many info and Programs installed there, probably it needed a clean install after all this time but it is no the way I would have liked to do it.

For Gamers like my brother who doesnt care about Windows and settings it would be a huge problem, I will delay the installation on his laptop as long as possible but now that the Anniversary Update has been released it could become a problem for many Gamers.

Microsoft please solve it as soon as posible, dont give Tim Sweeney fuel for his "nonsense talk".

I have posted feedback on the hub if anyone has the same problem to upvote it.

BonzeUK

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Steam before and after the AU and not hit a problem, besides the font changing for a while which seemed to be corrected with yesterday's update.

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi:
Has you done a clean Windows 10 Anniversary Update install?, or are you using the beta Steam Client?.
I made a clean install of the new Windows 10 on my custom pc and everything is working ok now, my main problem so far is with my Transformer book, here Steam doesn't shows up, I have uninstalled and deleted every trace of steam on my pc, restarted, installed again and nothing, I can not dissable directwrite nor activate the beta because the client doesnt start.
Any help besides doing a clean Windows install, tooo many files hidden in this machine to look for every one of them.
Thx.

BonzeUK

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I didn't do a clean install, as I moved over to the Fast Insider Ring a few weeks back to get the AU early :)
And I'm not using the beta Steam.

Just lucky I suppose.

I'm surprised that the Steam client doesn't start, maybe you should ask on the forums as there may be a log file somewhere

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12