Windows 10 anniversary update

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Before installing windows 10 rs1 I would like to know what's the download size of it and does the OS reinstall all the crap ware(Microsoft edge,3d builder,groove etc) I removed from my PC after installing windows 10

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Before installing windows 10 rs1 I would like to know what's the download size of it and does the OS reinstall all the crap ware(Microsoft edge,3d builder,groove etc) I removed from my PC after installing windows 10

I expect the download to be about 3GB and so consider getting wifi or wired internet to do the update
I'm not sure how you got rid of edge but yes, those removed programs will be reinstalled as that is part of the update. If you removed the apps because you didn't enjoy them the first time, try them after getting the update, they've improved a lot

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the update.And looks like I need to remove those craps again.

Anyways I got rid of Microsoft edge by booting to Linux and deleting all app folders which I would never ever use in my life from windows apps folder and edge from system apps. Then I created a new user account switched to that account and booted again to Linux,copied start menu database file to original user account.reactivated all apps via powershell cmd.

And looks like I need to follow this long process again to remove those craps.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the update.And looks like I need to remove those craps again.

Anyways I got rid of Microsoft edge by booting to Linux and deleting all app folders which I would never ever use in my life from windows apps folder and edge from system apps. Then I created a new user account switched to that account and booted again to Linux,copied start menu database file to original user account.reactivated all apps via powershell cmd.

And looks like I need to follow this long process again to remove those craps.

I'm not sure why you dislike the apps so much, have you tried to use them at all? I'm curious to know. Yes, there are a few people who find them not as useful but I've not seen anyone actually making the effort to remove them completely. It would be like an iphone user removing siri or an android user removing chrome

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Software's I use blender and solid works - 3d builder are you kidding me.MSN news -I use flipboard on PC and nextgen reader on wp.sports -not interested.get office - I already have why should I get them again( office 365 for personal work and google docs for collaboration.) Skype - use hangouts for my projects.Weather - don't know why should I know my location climate conditions.xbox app- I dont have any console so np use of it.Thiught I would use it to record my game plays but instead of recording or just enabling game DVR it started freezing my whole PC when ever I play. and As far for edge - its slow,does not render web pages properly(white screen).its dev tools run like crap.No extensions.Even it was added for this RS1 there are no extensions which I use,especially stylish where I can make changes how websites look and annoying popups to disable adblockers.

And at last you can disable chrome or remove it with root privileges which isn't the case with edge or other system apps on windows 10(completely integrated- leaves traces even after removing them).So android wins in terms of control not mentioning other parts.

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Software's I use blender and solid works - 3d builder are you kidding me.MSN news -I use flipboard on PC and nextgen reader on wp.sports -not interested.get office - I already have why should I get them again( office 365 for personal work and google docs for collaboration.) Skype - use hangouts for my projects.Weather - don't know why should I know my location climate conditions.xbox app- I dont have any console so np use of it.Thiught I would use it to record my game plays but instead of recording or just enabling game DVR it started freezing my whole PC when ever I play. and As far for edge - its slow,does not render web pages properly(white screen).its dev tools run like crap.No extensions.Even it was added for this RS1 there are no extensions which I use,especially stylish where I can make changes how websites look and annoying popups to disable adblockers.

And at last you can disable chrome or remove it with root privileges which isn't the case with edge or other system apps on windows 10(completely integrated- leaves traces even after removing them).So android wins in terms of control not mentioning other parts.

That's a long list
If I remember correctly, sports, get office, skype can be uninstalled from apps list. The others, not so easily.

I get that you have your own options to use for various tasks - but removing them completely? Are you doing this so you never see them or because of space? Your dedication to this is interesting to say the least

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I personally want to get rid of weather, podcasts, xbox and news but I can't. It doesn't affect my pc nor my work routine so I just leave them there. I don't see them, they don't see me :cool:

Was IE a program that people could uninstall in the older OS'?

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by Chintan Gohel
Originally Posted by harihar akhil

That's a long list
If I remember correctly, sports, get office, skype can be uninstalled from apps list. The others, not so easily.

I get that you have your own options to use for various tasks - but removing them completely? Are you doing this so you never see them or because of space? Your dedication to this is interesting to say the least
It's fairly common practice for people to go through the process of removing all the bloatware from their new PC when they get it. Thing is, even Lenovo don't go so far as to reinstall the bloat automatically after a few months. MS on the other hand...

OP, way to take back control. Love the attitude.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
It's fairly common practice for people to go through the process of removing all the bloatware from their new PC when they get it. Thing is, even Lenovo don't go so far as to reinstall the bloat automatically after a few months. MS on the other hand...

OP, way to take back control. Love the attitude.

I thought bloatware is that thing like hp snapfish or samsung video player etc. Not default apps from MS for windows?

So far the only annoying thing I have with apps I can't remove and don't use is the usual updates - they eat data but as long as I have free wifi...

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I remove apps that I don't use not because of space,but don't want to have crippled duplicates of what I already use and don't want to see them in my life. Eg :- for my usage and needs Firefox gets the hell out of edge because of its customizability.
OneNote UWP is not even a match for one note desktop. So I had to remove it and make some registry changes to launch onenote desktop in quick note mode from action center note icon.
Groove music - does not have 50% of features of WMP.especially sync option.
Movies & tv - Potplayer as because it can play every s*** other than avi files created by solidworks(Use wmp) and is customizable(use metro theme).

But all this does not mean I hate all windows apps.I use fhotoroom ,kindle , mail , mytube , people , reader , token2shell/MD and OneDrive UWP beta.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720