Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240

Susan64

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I am trying to install Windows 10 Build 10586 from Windows 10 Build 10240. I have just received the Windows Update Assistant popup telling me I'm not running the latest version of Windows. I have it downloaded but it will not install. The computer check said my computer is good to go (Asus AllInOne Model ET27011). I've tried several times and each time it reaches 100% the computer restarts and then it goes into "reinstalling your previous version" and I'm back to Build 10240. I know there are other people with the same problem but no solution. One website said to delete "Windows old folder, as that may be a problem, using Disk Cleanup but it doesn't show up on my computer under "Clean up system files/ Previous Windows installations. There is a "Windows old" folder on my C:drive, but it is full of empty folders. I'm not sure if I should just go ahead and delete it. There is also a new folder called Windows10Upgrade with files in it. Hope someone can help, thank you.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Do you have the Razer Synapse software installed? That seems to have been what's caused it for me. Unfortunately I seem no longer to be able to trigger the update, darn it, as Windows now feels it has updated and all's fine (it hasn't).

uninstall the Razer software and try again. Hopefully it hasn't messed you up completely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs