09-23-2016 03:41 PM
144 1234 ...
tools
    Just upgraded my desktop, another UK user with Cortana issues, I see the magnifying glass instead of Cortana in the taskbar, no voice input, and when I go into settings it says choose the language for Cortana (All normal settings set to UK) and I see English US, Canada, Aus and India, NO British English.

Any one found a solution?
    Found a fix (tried it and it works) for missing Cortana. This is changinging registry value so take neccesary precautions, backup etc, solution was posted to a response on Microsoft site...
    I found the answer on another thread. It's a registry setting. Starting RegEdit, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search, and change Cortana and Bing permissions from 0 to 1
    I was just about to do a refresh, but this worked for me.
    08-03-2016 04:39 PM
    Surface Pro 3. Did August firmware update and anniversary update via Windows Update. No problems with process, but now:

1. Cortana is gone. I have only a search icon that opens to "search Windows", no web search. No notebook or Cortana settings. See image.

2. I can't set up the built-in mic. When I go to its properties and check "listen" I can hear myself, although there seems to be a lot of hiss, but whenever I go to Speech and try to set it up I get "the computer can't hear you"

3. I tried to do a reset, said OK to the warning about not being able to roll back the update, and it just hung. Rebooted, repeated, hung again. I can't do a reset via Settings.

Cortana and the mic worked perectly prior, and I depend on both of them for my daily work. Please help!

search.jpg
    08-03-2016 04:47 PM
    Surface Pro 3....Please help!
    Threads merged, please continue discussion here..
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-03-2016 07:14 PM
    Windows update left me with out a OS. Started update last night before bed. Rebooted in morning before work, it started finishing the update I went to work. Got home rebooted and now got message it could not find a OS.
    08-03-2016 09:03 PM
    The upgrade wasn't too bad on my TPY12

I lost Cortana after the update, but there is a registry fix.

Tried to copy a file from a USB stick to a folder that had that file already in it. Choosing 'compare' from the dialog shows the USB version of the file as 'Unknown Date, file size 0 bytes' even though Explorer sees the date and size just fine.

Drawboard PDF doesn't want to launch since the update. Stuck on "loading application".

The Mail app just told me "There is insufficient memory or disk space. Outlook cannot display the requested font". 500GB free, 3.9GB of RAM available. Never seen this before

I've noticed Chrome will sometimes interpret a short touch swipe as a really fast one, moving way further along the page than intended. I never had this before the update, at least not in the past months.

So a couple of glitches, but no show stoppers.
    08-03-2016 09:27 PM
    08-03-2016 09:28 PM
    Cortana is gone. I have only a search icon that opens to "search Windows", no web search. No notebook or Cortana settings. See image
    On most systems this can be easily fixed, see here.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-03-2016 09:28 PM
    Issue: Asus T100TA Transformer - after anniversary update I had no touch screen (not working) and the display driver was not listed in the Device Manager.
    Resolution: Download the chipset SOC driver (With VGA and Camera) from Asus support for Windows 8.1 32bit. Installed fine - all functionality returned. No further updates from MS after install of drivers.

Hope this helps some Asus T100TA owners.
    08-03-2016 10:19 PM
    Issue: can't install the UPDATE...tried 2x already; finished downloading and installs and ask for a restart...after restart it didn't update to the Anniversary Update still on the same OS build 2.jpg
    i will try again for the 3rd time...3.jpg...I hope 3 is a charm.
    08-03-2016 10:57 PM
    capture.png

My Skype Preview app just sits at connecting never connecting... tried reinstalling no dice.
    08-03-2016 11:50 PM
    updating for the 3rd time...hope this time will work
    4.jpg
    08-04-2016 01:55 AM
    still the same result...its doesn't update via windows update...
    08-04-2016 02:14 AM
    Found a fix (tried it and it works) for missing Cortana. This is changinging registry value so take neccesary precautions, backup etc, solution was posted to a response on Microsoft site...
    I found the answer on another thread. It's a registry setting. Starting RegEdit, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search, and change Cortana and Bing permissions from 0 to 1
    I was just about to do a refresh, but this worked for me.
    Cheers for that, will try it when I get home from work.
    08-04-2016 03:26 AM
    At first I was wondering what windows defender was doing in the background cause it was slowing down and crashing my programs and apps but after an hour it went back down to just now using only 91mb of space in task manager
    08-04-2016 05:29 AM
    Hello! I have a problem with the lock screen instead of an image is always displayed a blue background, I tried to set various options in the settings, but nothing helps. I still can't put a picture.
    08-04-2016 06:51 AM
    This update is a drag, makes my pc lag a lot. everything lags, even after a fresh install. edge refuses to close, my games lag a lot, etc etc. rolled back to .494 , feeling better. wont be updating anytime soon to the AU >:/
    08-04-2016 07:26 AM
    THANK YOU ;)

Bing Search was disabled in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    08-04-2016 07:38 AM
    This update is a drag, makes my pc lag a lot. everything lags, even after a fresh install. edge refuses to close, my games lag a lot, etc etc. rolled back to .494 , feeling better. wont be updating anytime soon to the AU >:/
    What device are you using?
    08-04-2016 09:00 AM
    The update went smoothly, both downloading and installing. The Mail app now works perfectly but my only niggle is Windows Spotlight; where there should be a photograph, there isn't; just a black screen asking if I like the photo or am not a fan. Hopefully someone will have a solution.
    08-04-2016 10:50 AM
    Does anyone else get insane keyboard lag periodically? It is honestly driving me nuts. I am to a point where I want to get a copy of windows 7 and install it. I never had this problem till some specific build of redstone and now with it out as production it is sad that it's not fixed yet. I can deal with a lot of stuff but this is just driving me bat crazy.
    08-04-2016 11:00 AM
    I updated my laptopbut since my laptop doesn't recognize my kobo ereader. Laptop sees my ereader (in explorer) as g: and when clicked upon says to insert a disc into G:

Does anybody have a solution for this?

TIA,
    Jacco
    08-04-2016 11:01 AM
    Cheers, she's back, yes just set to 0 in the Bing setting.
    Great deal likes this.
    08-04-2016 11:31 AM
    Where do I select (and thereby go to download) extensions in Edge? Is it not a part of the production ring yet?

Production, clean install from media creation tool, no files, folders, or settings saved, and I have never been on any inside ring.
    08-04-2016 12:26 PM
    Search in store
    08-04-2016 12:28 PM
    Mail live tile is 'dead' or they disable it? I can not uninstall calendar and mail to fix it. Notifications for mail comes in action center. Any solution?
    08-04-2016 12:30 PM
144 1234 ...