Windows 10 Anniversary Update 14393.10 Discussion (Initial AU build, Inactive)

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Anniversary Update Discussion (Production Ring/Official)

I'm thinking that by having to go to the Store to get an extension; they have gone through the proper scrutiny, and are installed, safely, on your device. This is just my guess.
While this is theoretically a good idea, one of my main extensions I use is the Norton toolbar and password manager (free from Norton). I use it on IE (since it has not been compatible with Firefox for sometime now). I would love it to be able to work on Edge as I rely on it to keep up with the myriad of passwords that I have. Hopefully MS will allow this option in an update as I don't think Norton/Symantec will actually create a Windows store app to do this any time soon.

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Anniversary Update 14393.10 Discussion (Production Ring/Official)

10 days and no Windows10 Anniversary Update from System > Update in Canada, which is my preferred method of installing ?

DEvilsHell

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Anniversary Update 14393.10 Discussion (Production Ring/Official)

OMG i cant belv this... windows 10 latest annivrsry update is creating a ******* problem for me... last day i downloaded latest windows 10 ISO and made it bootable via USB but it stucks on 25% ... later i tried by buring ISO on DVD then agaiin it stucks on 6% and then i tried again it again stuck on 25% since WEDnesday i am trying and tryng but all in vain i have disbaled all other medias and SATA also but it did not work... what should i do... i really want to install latest windows 10....
but it is not my fate to use it...
i have deLL LATITUDE D630 and now i am runnig an old version of windos 10
Please Suggest me something

horbeme

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

is anyone having any issues with their wireless keyboards, after the update my wife's Logitech K400 somewhat works. if i need to log into her profile the keys work but once i'm in her profile the only thing that work is the mouse, the pad and the buttons. i checked Logitech website for any driver updates but couldn't find any, i checked to see if the motherboard website MSI (trying my luck) to see if there were any driver updates and non to be found. i contacted tech support did all that they ask and no resolution to having the keyboard work normally. is anyone else having issue with their wireless keyboards whether it is Logitech or something else?

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site

Yes just like Android and Apple stores but some have slipped through the cracks at least at the Android Play store where the apps weren't safe. .

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

While this is theoretically a good idea, one of my main extensions I use is the Norton toolbar and password manager (free from Norton). I use it on IE (since it has not been compatible with Firefox for sometime now). I would love it to be able to work on Edge as I rely on it to keep up with the myriad of passwords that I have. Hopefully MS will allow this option in an update as I don't think Norton/Symantec will actually create a Windows store app to do this any time soon.

Of course it was only conjecture, but I hope that Microsoft is closely vetting any extension (or app) for security invasions, and system destructive attributes; not necessarily its' functionality - but, definitely its' threat. Again, this is a hypothesis... and, an expected behavior.

ariez84

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site

Youtube seems to freeze/sow down on framerate on firefox/Chrome/Opera after letting the video play on idle for a minute or two after the AU update....anyone else experience this? It seems to work fine on Edge.

Last edited:

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site

Ok, I can't find a solution to this and your help.

I got the Anniversary update on my Surface 3 and it's been good to me except for one, big problem. I have a USB stick that works everywhere else just fine and previously just fine on my S3, but now it isn't recognized. In fact, after putting it in it attempts to read it and then says "Please insert disk into USB drive". I've tried an old USB stick and it worked fine. I tried an external drive and it worked fine.

Does anyone have any good suggestions on what could be the problem and what I could do to fix it? I thank you in advance.

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

Of course it was only conjecture, but I hope that Microsoft is closely vetting any extension (or app) for security invasions, and system destructive attributes; not necessarily its' functionality - but, definitely its' threat. Again, this is a hypothesis... and, an expected behavior.
I hope this is what they are doing a well as far as vetting extensions prior to being made available. But adding the ability to have an extension run from an installed program should be an option. MS could make it a setting that has to be turned on in settings and they could easily add a warning message about the security issues involved.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

OMG i cant belv this... windows 10 latest annivrsry update is creating a ******* problem for me... last day i downloaded latest windows 10 ISO and made it bootable via USB but it stucks on 25% ... later i tried by buring ISO on DVD then agaiin it stucks on 6% and then i tried again it again stuck on 25% since WEDnesday i am trying and tryng but all in vain i have disbaled all other medias and SATA also but it did not work... what should i do... i really want to install latest windows 10....

try this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/512a5183-ffab-40c5-8a68-021e32467565/windows-update-troubleshooter

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I got the Anniversary update on my Surface 3 and it's been good to me except for one, big problem. I have a USB stick that works everywhere else just fine and previously just fine on my S3, but now it isn't recognized. In fact, after putting it in it attempts to read it and then says "Please insert disk into USB drive". I've tried an old USB stick and it worked fine. I tried an external drive and it worked fine.

Does anyone have any good suggestions on what could be the problem and what I could do to fix it? I thank you in advance.

when the USB is in, go to list of recognised devices and remove it and then let it install again

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

I hope this is what they are doing a well as far as vetting extensions prior to being made available. But adding the ability to have an extension run from an installed program should be an option. MS could make it a setting that has to be turned on in settings and they could easily add a warning message about the security issues involved.

maybe Norton hasn't passed the vetting process for Edge yet? I don't know, just saying.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

What format is the USB stick in? Put it in a device that works - right click on the drive and choose Properties. What's the "File System" set to? NTFS, FAT32, FAT, etc?

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

maybe Norton hasn't passed the vetting process for Edge yet? I don't know, just saying.
Maybe, but the current setup is extensions from the play store. The Norton toolbar is a program (included with Norton security suite but also available a stand alone program) installed onto the computer. It is compatible with IE, Chrome, and partially with Firefox. This means it is not vetted through the app store. I will ask on Norton forums about this as it is up to them to initiate this process.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

Mine is working just fine. I really like this update. I especially like that now I can receieve messages and phone calls from my Galaxy Note on my SP4, just like I had WP. The feature is so seamless that I don't see the need to buy a WP anymore (right I miss the UAP). Between this and the small UI changes if feels like a new computer.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

MattEvansC3

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

I've had this problem, and I've narrowed it down to Windows not liking my GPT partition.

There's software out there that can format your USB drive as GPT bootable. Do that and then use the media creation tools to create an ISO. Mount it in My Computer and copy and paste all the files and folders into the USB pen.

This worked for me first time.

MattEvansC3

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

Ah, okay. Yeah, that would certainly denote "being stuck", lol.

Managed to fix it. The update doesn't seem to create media suitable for a GPT partition. Had to format a USB pen to be GPT bootable and then copied the ISO files over and worked first time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piklokz