Windows 10 Anniversary Update 14393.10 Discussion (Initial AU build, Inactive)

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Place to post any issues you may have and potential solutions.

I have tried updating a desktop and a Surface Pro 4.... Desktop has updated but I cant install any extensions in Edge, I see it says there was a problem , try reinstalling the extension, did that and still no joy, rebooted, still no luck.

Surface Pro 4 is stuck on spinning gear with a blank black background for last 45 minutes, any advice?

EDIT: Possible fix for no extensions in Edge.....Go to Start>Settings>System & Apps and Features then uninstall the extensions (will be greyed out) and try again through Edge/Store - should work.

Potential fix for no Cortana...This is changinging registry value so take neccesary precautions, backup etc, solution was posted to a response on Microsoft site...
I found the answer on another thread. It's a registry setting. Starting RegEdit, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search, and change Cortana and Bing permissions from 0 to 1

Last edited:

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
re: Windows 10 Anniversary Update Discussion (Production Ring/Official)

Thanks, just did soft reset and it picked up from earlier and coompleted - thanks :) now I cant get Cortana in UK English even though region and timezone is correct...grrrr lol

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site

Problem:
Flickering Login Screen, can't login (kicked back to login screen).

Solution:
Boot to Safe Mode, uninstall Glass8.

hesus

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site

Ok, I was clicking around after installing Anniversary update, and I clicked Tablet mode in Action center (I'm using laptop, no touch enabled). Since then, taskbar and desktop icons started flickering (or refreshing itself, just like after clicking Tablet mode on or of). Any ideas how to stop this?

hesus

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site

Ok, I was clicking around after installing Anniversary update, and I clicked Tablet mode in Action center (I'm using laptop, no touch enabled). Since then, taskbar and desktop icons started flickering (or refreshing itself, just like after clicking Tablet mode on or of). Any ideas how to stop this?

Seems it worked itself out. I tried restarting several times, it still continued flickering taskbar and desktop icons after login. Then I changed Tablet mode settings; 'When I sign in: Use desktop mode' and 'When this device automatically switches tablet mode on or off: Don't ask me and don't switch'. After restarting again, it stopped.

skcusime

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site

The update worked flawlessly, or so it seemed!
Running Office 2007, and now Outlook throws an error when opened "Failed to open message store after locating it in table" error 0x8004011c.
It seems a conflict with iCloud for windows and/or CodeTwoSync for iCloud. Uninstalled CodeTwoSync and Outlook works again, but of course will no longer sync with iCloud.
I'll do some more fiddling .......

skcusime

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site

Update: Uninstalled CodeTwoSync, and still had issues. Uninstalled iCloud for windows, and Outlook worked okay.
Reinstalled iCloud for windows, and still works as it should. Calendar items are syncing between ipad, iphone and Outlook 2007.
I'll not re-install CodeTwo at this stage, as it appears all is working.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

i haven't got the update yet on my win 10 pro PC. -_- its been a while since the roll out

Last edited:

tson

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site

For some reason, using the search the web feature on the taskbar opens up Internet Explorer instead of Edge.

Last edited:

53maestro

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site

The update identifies my 960GB SSD as a flash drive, and fails to install. I am clueless.

rkrams

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site

Insider hub has vanished for me after anniversary update!

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site

Place to post any issues you may have and potential solutions.

I have tried updating a desktop and a Surface Pro 4.... Desktop has updated but I cant install any extensions in Edge, I see it says there was a problem , try reinstalling the extension, did that and still no joy, rebooted, still no luck.

I have the same problem with extensions on SP4:(

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site

Found a solution on reddit:

Go to Settings -> System -> Apps and Features, and uninstall all extensions.
Close all open applications, and open a Powershell window as administrator.
Run wsreset.exe. The Windows Store should pop up after a few moments.
Re-open Edge, and download extensions.

Maceo3121

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

Main problem for me is action center and start menu. They both are unable to launch and crash often. Might have to do a clean install.

wolfee48

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site

So I'm not exactly sure if my issue is related to the Anniversary Update or not. But when I go to Windows Store app and select show all under Extensions for Microsoft Edge, all I get is a blank screen.

ggrant3876

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site

I've been using the Microsoft 8.1 games on my Windows 10 install. After installing the Anniversary Update none of the games will load. They install with no issues, they just won't load and run.

This is my problem and am looking for a fix. I prefer the Windows 7 and 8.1 Freecell to the ones in the Microsoft Store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077