Windows 10 Anniversary Update 14393.10 Discussion (Initial AU build, Inactive)

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Anniversary Update Discussion (Production Ring/Official)

This update is a drag, makes my pc lag a lot. everything lags, even after a fresh install. edge refuses to close, my games lag a lot, etc etc. rolled back to .494 , feeling better. wont be updating anytime soon to the AU >:/

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Problems after anniversary upate

THANK YOU ;)

Bing Search was disabled in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search

Valeri Mazdrashki

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site

This update is a drag, makes my pc lag a lot. everything lags, even after a fresh install. edge refuses to close, my games lag a lot, etc etc. rolled back to .494 , feeling better. wont be updating anytime soon to the AU >:/

What device are you using?

anon(1011167)

May 20, 2016
Visit site

The update went smoothly, both downloading and installing. The Mail app now works perfectly but my only niggle is Windows Spotlight; where there should be a photograph, there isn't; just a black screen asking if I like the photo or am not a fan. Hopefully someone will have a solution.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone else get insane keyboard lag periodically? It is honestly driving me nuts. I am to a point where I want to get a copy of windows 7 and install it. I never had this problem till some specific build of redstone and now with it out as production it is sad that it's not fixed yet. I can deal with a lot of stuff but this is just driving me bat crazy.

jakepeewee

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site

I updated my laptopbut since my laptop doesn't recognize my kobo ereader. Laptop sees my ereader (in explorer) as g: and when clicked upon says to insert a disc into G:

Does anybody have a solution for this?

TIA,
Jacco

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

Cheers, she's back, yes just set to 0 in the Bing setting.

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site

Where do I select (and thereby go to download) extensions in Edge? Is it not a part of the production ring yet?

Production, clean install from media creation tool, no files, folders, or settings saved, and I have never been on any inside ring.

Majstr

May 6, 2013
Visit site

Mail live tile is 'dead' or they disable it? I can not uninstall calendar and mail to fix it. Notifications for mail comes in action center. Any solution?

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site

Search in store

I did. It says I need to update windows, and there is still nowhere in Edge (that I can find) where I can select "extensions".

Edit: I checked the "about" - although I have a great deal of the new features, it said I'm still on 10.586, so I'm trying to update directly from MS's Iso site.

What a weird update this is.

MattEvansC3

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

Downloaded the Update and during installation it gets to 23% and hangs. If I reboot the machine it repairs it and takes it to the last build prior to the update.

Tried it three times now and it always hangs at 23%.

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Anniversary Update 14393.10 Discussion (Production Ring/Official)

Update on my problem: It works now. The update from microsofts media creation tool website worked (I clicked "update this pc").

I now have the extensions ABP, bing translator, Onenote web clipper, and Office Online.

Now, I "merely" need to transfer all my bookmarks and logins to what will be my new browser.

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site

Downloaded the Update and during installation it gets to 23% and hangs. If I reboot the machine it repairs it and takes it to the last build prior to the update.

Tried it three times now and it always hangs at 23%.

Mine sat an awful long time at around 23% (perhaps even exactly that). I don't know how long you waited, but I had enough time to drink a huge cup of coffee.

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site

Ah, okay. Yeah, that would certainly denote "being stuck", lol.

MattEvansC3

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Anniversary Update 14393.10 Discussion (Production Ring/Official)

Mine sat an awful long time at around 23% (perhaps even exactly that). I don't know how long you waited, but I had enough time to drink a huge cup of coffee.

First time i went to sleep, woke up, went to work and checked it when I got home.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

So, what's the verdict, force an update? or, wait for it to show up in Setting> "Check for Update?"

I had no real problems with my SP3, But, I NEED my Desktop....please advise. Thanks!

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site

I don't know exactly, but perhaps try what I tried: Go here:

Windows 10

And click "update now" (rather than download etc.). It fixed weird problems on my end.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

what the heck...no guts, no glory!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett