Windows 10 Anniversary Update 14393.10 Discussion (Initial AU build, Inactive)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Anniversary Update 14393.10 Discussion (Production Ring/Official)

Just NOW got done....AWESOME!!!!! had a little snag with the install portion; had to hit RETRY about 7 times before it would finally proceed.

When I updated my SP3, and checked for Settings > Update; there was a 8/1 FW Update listed; but I am not seeing it for the PC, is this correct?

Update
...So Sweet!

Last edited:

lawallen

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Anniversary Update Discussion (Production Ring/Official)

I've gotten that a couple of times and it was a loose hard drive cable. Wiggle the connection a bit and see if that helps. Good luck!

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Anniversary Update 14393.10 Discussion (Production Ring/Official)

So, two questions:

1. Is there a 8/1, Firmware update, for the (Desktop) PC?

2. How do you get the new Skype layout to be the Default?

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site

I think the firmware updates depends on the system itself. I'm on a Thinkpad W530 and a Thinkpad S1 Yoga. But in general, the updates are cumulative, so perhaps it's merely rolled into the same update on the SP3?

mh imran

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site

How to turn on Notifications for reminders ?

I turned of notifications for Cortana a week ago. after that my reminders aren't showing up in the action center. yesterday I got the anniversary update. after that in settings/ systems/ notifications and action most of the apps are not showing up for notification control. only alarm, mail, store, location, auto play, and Bitdefender. Cortana and other apps are missing from the settings. how to fix this problem. ? before a week ago or maybe before the update It was fine. sorry for poor englis

ryanbutik

May 7, 2016
Visit site

I don't know exactly, but perhaps try what I tried: Go here:

Windows 10

And click "update now" (rather than download etc.). It fixed weird problems on my end.

thanks sir for the input....tried this method and it works. Updated my laptop to the 14393.10.

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site

thanks sir for the input....tried this method and it works. Updated my laptop to the 14393.10.

No problem at all. It worked for me, so I thought it was worth giving a go. :eek:)

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Ok updated to 1607 (OS 10.0.14393.10) AU via a clean install (Media Tool)...however just noticed that the built-in Messaging app is not working at all.....the option to 'Send'....not lit up to press..has this been broken?

ThanksMessaging app.png

hovesteve

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Updated SP4 ok. But not as stable as before. Occasional Edge, Start Menu, Cortana freezes and keyboard lagging at times

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Ok updated to 1607 (OS 10.0.14393.10) AU via a clean install (Media Tool)...however just noticed that the built-in Messaging app is not working at all.....the option to 'Send'....not lit up to press..has this been broken?

ThanksView attachment 129132

I just check my Messaging app, when it first opened it show Conversations for a second while it was loading, then they disappeared. Now, nothing?

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

I think this is down to the change of heart by MS regarding the "New" Skype related apps (Yes another 180 degree turn by MS and Skype), the latest idea is that Skype will at some time takeover messaging via your phone.

This means that the current messaging app is dead as it can't send via your phone and it can't send via Skype because the new Skype universal app is much better (Still not sure about that).

The other thing it means is Skype have wasted so many peoples time with 180 degree turnarounds and thousands upon thousands of users have left for other messaging apps.

I really want to be able to send SMS messages via my PC and would love to be able to make and receive calls as well, these things are promised.................

But it's a hard road keeping up with Skype (MS) on this issue.

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

@mtf1380,

Yes, exactly...my old messages first appeared, now nothing...:confused: No messages and no 'working' option to send.

unsterblich

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site

Surface Pro 4 is stuck on spinning gear with a blank black background for last 45 minutes, any advice?
I'm also having this issue. The spinning gear keeps going, I have to restart it twice, then reverts back to the previous build. Anyone diagnosed it?

cmattau90

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: Anniversary update stuck on spinning white circle

I got the same thing. I was working on another computer so I don't know how far it got, but it stuck on the black screen with spinning circle for over an hour. I hard reset twice and reverted back to my old install. I have a 3 year old laptop with plenty of space, memory, etc. and no driver or compatibility issues. I used the upgrade app to download the update.

After several tries, I was finally able to get home laptop updated. I never did get the update through Windows Update, and I ended up trying the app again. I ran the app and noticed it got to 75% and then rebooted. It never fully booted from the reboot and I got the black screen with spinning dots. I researched what others were saying, and I did all the following and finally got it to work - I have no idea which of these steps corrected the problem however since I did them all at once.

• Ran the Troubleshooter to verify there were no issues with the Update
  • Deleted everything in the C: Windows/Software Distribution/Downloads folder
  • Renamed my computer so it had only letters and numbers, no hyphens in the name
  • Used Disk Cleanup to remove all old and temporary files
  • Removed all USB devices including my mouse

Good luck if you give it another try.

Last edited:

Koko Pineda

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site

I'll be restarting after posting this. I do hope everything will go well! So excited with the feature update!

durrrin

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site

Issue: Adobe Shockwave Player/Plugin fails miserably all the time on every browser

Solution (temporary): restart laptop every time, it works for that session until the laptop sleeps.

This is on W10 AU 1511, will update to 1607 now and see if problem persists. On my Surface Book. (Tried to search forums, but didn't see anything related to my issue)

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

Upgrade attempt on HP Phoenix Envy Desktop 810-150se Desktop with Win10 Pro (1511 November Upgrade) via Win 10 Upgrade assistant: Installation Failed -- error code 0X80070057. ... I've tried 5 times so I think I'll not try anymore.

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

After the first attempt at upgrading caused the OS to no longer boot up, I did a clean install with version prior to AU, forced the update, reset, and thus far have had only issues on two things: 1. Getting the same picture to show on log on and lock screen (playing around a little bit with it got it working), and 2. Setting adobe acrobat pro XI as default for PDF (the program itself couldn't do it and had to do so within Windows settings. Probably due to being older software). No other issues noted as of yet. Hoping it stays that way but expecting something given ask the issues people are having. Ironic because it seems MS has had more issues since starting the insider preview program, which in theory should have had the opposite effect. I think for now, I will be delaying upgrades (I have W10 Pro).

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
redstone issues

Hp envy convertible was recently upgraded to redstone. Volume has stopped working along with the Fn button to toggle the F buttons. How do I go about fixing it. The drivers for sound says up to date.
In the device manager however the entire intel thermal and frameware list was with the yellow triangle and code 31. would that create issues above? I have rolled back to the previous version of the driver and it says working properly but sound and fn button still doesn't work. What am I to do to fix this?

Also in my wife's Compaq Pesario the scroll function on the touch pad doesn't work anymore!! solution?

TIA

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: redstone issues

Hp envy convertible was recently upgraded to redstone. Volume has stopped working along with the Fn button to toggle the F buttons. How do I go about fixing it. The drivers for sound says up to date.
In the device manager however the entire intel thermal and frameware list was with the yellow triangle and code 31. would that create issues above? I have rolled back to the previous version of the driver and it says working properly but sound and fn button still doesn't work. What am I to do to fix this?

Also in my wife's Compaq Pesario the scroll function on the touch pad doesn't work anymore!! solution?

TIA

can you try updating those drivers from device manager? Or uninstalling them and then scanning for hardware changes which will install them again?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12