Windows 10 Anniversary Update 14393.10 Discussion (Initial AU build, Inactive)

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Anniversary Update 14393.10 Discussion (Production Ring/Official)

I was waiting for this update to come the natural way ;P but it didn't. So i installed WIN 10 upgrade assistant on my SP4. After a couple of days it finished installing and preparing, so I restarted my PC, and about 20 minutes later it was here. No problems whatsoever, everything runs smoothly, and i just love the new features and extensions. Perfect!

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Anniversary Update 14393.10 Discussion (Production Ring/Official)

About 3 out of 5 computers at home had issues.
A surface pro upgrade to windows 10 AU resulted in no Cortana. Had to edit the registry to get her back.
A dell venue 8 pro freezes several seconds after bootup and login, safemode was ok, I disabled the appxsvc service to have it in a stable state but it can no longer install newer UWP apps. Waiting for word on what causes it before I turn the service back on.
An Acer laptop was just too weird right after the upgrade and I had to perform a clean install to make it workable. It seems to be fine.

As the family member responsible for convincing everyone to get windows PC and phones, and sometimes buying it myself to give to them, I'm generally the one everyone screams at when things go weird on their phones and computers. This week was hectic!!!

Waiting for the AU upgrade on windowsphones tomorrow, hopefully it's better or I'm going to have a breakdown.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: redstone issues

can you try updating those drivers from device manager? Or uninstalling them and then scanning for hardware changes which will install them again?

Done that already . made no difference. some advice a clean install but I am hesitant to do that as it involves a touch screen convertible and I am aware of the issues it might cause if I install drivers in the wrong order or something like that.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

As the family member responsible for convincing everyone to get windows PC and phones, and sometimes buying it myself to give to them, I'm generally the one everyone screams at when things go weird on their phones and computers. This week was hectic!!!

Waiting for the AU upgrade on windowsphones tomorrow, hopefully it's better or I'm going to have a breakdown.

Hahahaha. I can totally feel your pain. I have convinced a few of my friends (even some female) to switch platforms and go for WP. Guess who they yell at when things go wrong and who has to fix their problems then! :) It's getting there, slowly slowly...

thunderHC

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Windows 10 Anniversary update issues

Laptop updated itself few days ago and i noticed after update that the laptop would hang if you don't use it and the only fix is restarting the pc. Its strange in my opinion. I noticed also that mozilla firefox will hang after some time for few seconds sometimes and then work again like nothing has happened. These are things what i have noticed at the moment. Is anyone else with these problems? Or what else weird buggy things have you noticed?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Anniversary update issues

Laptop updated itself few days ago and i noticed after update that the laptop would hang if you don't use it and the only fix is restarting the pc. Its strange in my opinion. I noticed also that mozilla firefox will hang after some time for few seconds sometimes and then work again like nothing has happened. These are things what i have noticed at the moment. Is anyone else with these problems? Or what else weird buggy things have you noticed?

with firefox, update it and also update any addons you use or extensions

wolfee48

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 Anniversary Update 14393.10 Discussion (Production Ring/Official)

On start-up I get a notification from Compatibility Assistant stating ?This app no longer available. Intel WiDi was removed from your PC because it doesn?t work on this version of Windows.?

I went to update the driver and Intel pulled the driver.

I uninstalled Intel WiDi and the notification still persists.

Anyone know how to stop this specific notification for an app that is already removed?

5f7771e7a3b826589e5017a65db4d1e0.jpg

Last edited:

wolfee48

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site

On start-up I get a notification from Compatibility Assistant stating ?This app no longer available. Intel WiDi was removed from your PC because it doesn?t work on this version of Windows.?

I went to update the driver and Intel pulled the driver.

I uninstalled Intel WiDi and the notification still persists.

Anyone know how to stop this specific notification for an app that is already removed?

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160809/5f7771e7a3b826589e5017a65db4d1e0.jpg

It seems that today's update addressed my issue.

rgc6789

May 19, 2012
Visit site

I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 that has 1 issues after update - on restart, it hangs on restart. I have to soft reset and then everything is fine. Anyone else? I haven't had time to troubleshoot. I'd hate to reset just for that. I'm planning to do sfc /scannow when I get a chance.

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

Apps on SD card loose their tile artwork. Moving to internal drive and moving back fixes it, but its annoying.

metapex

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site

I'm in Australia and when check for update, it says my system is up to date. There is no anniversary update yet! is it normal or should I do something to see the update?

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

I'm in Australia and when check for update, it says my system is up to date. There is no anniversary update yet! is it normal or should I do something to see the update?

If you dont want to wait, download MS update advisor and it will do everything for u ��

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Anniversary Update Discussion (Production Ring/Official)

When you go to setting in Edge there is an option for extensions and why you select the option it takes you to the store to download the extension.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Anniversary Update Discussion (Production Ring/Official)

When you go to setting in Edge there is an option for extensions and why you select the option it takes you to the store to download the extension.

I'm thinking that by having to go to the Store to get an extension; they have gone through the proper scrutiny, and are installed, safely, on your device. This is just my guess.

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Update on my windows 10 AU upgrades. A new commulative update for windows 10 AU fixed all my issues on upgraded PCs. I tested with one of the dell venue 8 pros having issues after windows AU wherein it freezes 20 seconds after login by applying the kb3176495 update, enabling appxsvc service back up, restarting the tablet then logging back in. The Tablet now works like a charm, my dad who I gave this tablet to is no longer mad at me, and everything is right in the world again!

trenmost

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site

how can i force install the anniversary update? windows update doesnt seem to catch on

Arif Butt

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site

Issue: Adobe Shockwave Player/Plugin fails miserably all the time on every browser

Solution (temporary): restart laptop every time, it works for that session until the laptop sleeps.

This is on W10 AU 1511, will update to 1607 now and see if problem persists. On my Surface Book. (Tried to search forums, but didn't see anything related to my issue)

>Same problem for me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99