HELP! BSOD on tablet after failed restore!

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I have an Asus tablet that was running a preview version of W10 (I cannot recall which version it was, sorry). I had an update that failed to install and the tablet prompted me to do a factory reset. So I tried to do that and now I'm getting the BSOD. It will show the Asus splash screen then go blue for about 60 seconds and then black out. That's it. No keyboard, no more screen prompts. Nothing. I have tried everything I know but only having one button to push doesn't give you very many options. I did download the W10 iso back when it was available but I don't know how to install it when nothing is responding. Please help me fix my expensive paperweight!!

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Once I have created a USB with the ISO on it how will I make the tablet boot from the USB instead of the hard drive? I don't have a keyboard to press F12 to enter the BIOS menu to change the boot source.

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone point me somewhere where I might be able to get this solved? I'm pretty disappointed that Windows destroyed my tablet.

skcusime

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Asus laptops usually enter selective boot menu by booting (or restarting) with your finger held firmly and continually on the ESC key when you push the ON key.

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the tip! This is a tablet and unfortunately I do not have an escape key. I have a keyboard but it is Bluetooth and the tablet doesn't boot far enough to load the Bluetooth driver, so essentially I do not have a keyboard. Is there a power button/Windows key combo I can do, or a volume/power button combo??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99