adblock (For when we get Anniversary Update)

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know if extensions will work on Edge on mobiles once we get the anniversary update?

It would be nice to have the option to do the same on my 950XL as I do on my PC and SP3.

PS, Sorry for calling the Anniversary update Redstone 2 in the title, got carried away :smile:

Last edited:

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: adblock (For when we get Redstone 2)

No one outside of Microsoft knows. Rumors have been in both directions.

Because of mobile memory and performance limitations, if it does come I suspect they will restrict it to high end phones only.

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Considering how many of us are already running the Anniversary Update, and the fact that it has no extensions, I would say no.

Mihai N

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by realwarder
No one outside of Microsoft knows. Rumors have been in both directions.

Because of mobile memory and performance limitations, if it does come I suspect they will restrict it to high end phones only.
They should take the Opera example and have an inbuilt ad blocker. Though I'm not really sure the ad blocking is as effective on Android as on PC. Though if they already have support for extensions, I doubt they will try inbuilt ad blocking as well.

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Yep, I did it myself. Interop unlock your phone with "Interop Tools" and use this app for switching the hosts file.

Sigh. I was very disappointed to learn that the tool itself cannot be installed on Windows 10 phones (i.e. the 950/XL etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80
Now if we could only use a similar method to get an Adblocker on the 950/950XL...

you cant. this is only for WP8.1 devices with W10M... not for native W10M devices (550, 650, 950, 950XL)... you can install on Lumia 950/950XL and change some registry values but you cant access to MTP to use adblock (change hosts file)

From here:
Interop Tools Appx for Windows 10 Mobile - r… | Windows 10 Development and Hacking

magicdesign

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Just found a browser that has ad block and a modern interface. Swipe navigation and browser in browser functionality.

It has huge potential

Monument Browser

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre