How to Sync My Lumia 930 notifications with Anniversary Updated Windows 10?

Deniz Kahraman

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
Hello again folks,

As you know, windows 10 pc came with this brilliant (finally!) idea to sync notifications of PC and Mobile. Even with an ability to respond SMS from PC.

Basically there are many manuals how to do it with Android OS everywhere, unfortunately there is nothing I could find for Lumia (windows) phones.

Can you please guide me how to do it?

Thanks!

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Search on "Sync" on Settings, on both the PC AND your phone.
Turn both on for a period of time, say the "last month".

In theory, if you run the "Messaging" app on the Anniversary version of Win10 Desktop, your conversations will be in-sync with your Windows Phone now.
In practice, well... It's in Beta right now, hopefully it will get better and more reliable.

Deniz Kahraman

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
well sync is on for both devices but no sync for notifications now, secondly "messaging" app receives messages but sending message button is inactive (gray). so basically this function is not there eh?

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
well sync is on for both devices but no sync for notifications now, secondly "messaging" app receives messages but sending message button is inactive (gray). so basically this function is not there eh?

Mine worked for awhile, but then just stopped, and greyed-out, like yours is now. I tried killing the process, restarting the service, to no avail, it's clearly not really ready for prime-time yet.
Too bad, it's a cool concept, really handy stuff, would've given me a way to text via WiFi, in no-cell reception areas too.

Deniz Kahraman

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
so I better change to an android phone to see my notifications also on pc. Thank you microsoft for backstabbing people bought your product. But don't worry, I wont repeat the same mistake.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
so I better change to an android phone to see my notifications also on pc. Thank you microsoft for backstabbing people bought your product. But don't worry, I wont repeat the same mistake.

To be fair, they said the app probably wasn't going oto be ready the AU, a few months back. I'm not sure if it was of value to release it as-is; kind of thinking waiting would've been a better move.
I don't know if you'll see much better with Android though, in fact, I'd bet the integration is worse, since at least both messaging apps are native, with a Win Phone. I don't know if there's an Android MS messaging app, at all, actually, or service, to sync.

Deniz Kahraman

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
Of course I am not changing to android for messaging. whole point of buying a lumia product was to see a single OS for both PC and Mobile which interacts with all windows devices to interract between each other as continuation of each other, not as seperate half blind systems. It seems that microsoft is faaaaaaaar away from what it marketed, promised. Maybe one day we will see it but I believe others will do it before microsoft.. such a waste of oportunity.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss