Upgrade Lumia 820 to Windows 10 Mobile

Raunaq Patel

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Greetings all,

I have Windows Phone 8.1 installed on my Lumia 820.
I was using Windows 10 on in Nov. 2015 but then I bought a new phone and so I rolled this back to 8.1
Now for development purpose I want to install W10 Mobile in it via Insider Preview.
But here is the problem.

First it kept showing me "no builds".
Then after retrying 5-10 times finally I was able to see the fast,slow and preview ring option.
After that I selected slow ring and phone restarted and I checked for updates but there were no updates.
I selected preview and fast ring also but there are no updates in Settings> phone update
I read online that anniversary update will be released in a week or so, but it should update to 10586 build na ?

Kindly help if I am missing anything.

here are the details

Phone : Lumia 820
Version : Windows Phone 8.1

Let me know if you need any further details.

Thanks in advance

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
So I see anniversary update is available now.
So when will it be available for insider preivew/slow ring for my phone?
Sorry I have lost the touch on Windows OS and its news since last few months

I'm sorry, but never .
Uneligible phones couldn't get Redstone since the beginning, and now they are out of insiders, because all rings are for Redstone now. (And UA is Redstone too)
Exiting program should let you get last Threshold 545 update, but anymore.

You could just try the registry hack at your risk, check it out in Hacking and Development forum

Raunaq Patel

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry, but never .
Uneligible phones couldn't get Redstone since the beginning, and now they are out of insiders, because all rings are for Redstone now. (And UA is Redstone too)
Exiting program should let you get last Threshold 545 update, but anymore.

You could just try the registry hack at your risk, check it out in Hacking and Development forum

I have another lumia 625 which is already on Windows 10 version 105xx
So you are saying there is no way to upgrade any of my 2 lumia now?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have another lumia 625 which is already on Windows 10 version 105xx
So you are saying there is no way to upgrade any of my 2 lumia now?

Your 625 is already in 10, if your others lumia too you can try exiting Insider program (open app -> 3 dots -> Abandon, then check updates) so you'll get last Threshold 10 available.

But Redstone was mentioned since the beginning months ago, no more for uneligibles without registry hack

Raunaq Patel

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Your 625 is already in 10, if your others lumia too you can try exiting Insider program (open app -> 3 dots -> Abandon, then check updates) so you'll get last Threshold 10 available.

But Redstone was mentioned since the beginning months ago, no more for uneligibles without registry hack

Well thats more sad than android :cry:

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon