Have had a nightmare with the AU so far :(

I've always used NexusFont for managing my fonts, allows me to quickly load fonts into memory (I have a library of about 1400, I'm a graphic designer) and go about my work without worrying.

Something must have changed under the hood because since the AU, NexusFont takes forever to scan (used to be 30 seconds now 5 minutes+) and when the fonts are loaded into memory, I get system instability.

Edge crashes, system & web fonts are sometimes missing/replaced and edge, Cortana, the Start Menu etc can often crash. I put it down to upgrade woes, so reformatted over the weekend, clean installed from the media creation tool. Same issue. Have tried the Suitcase Fusion trial as an alternative. Same issue.

Awaiting feedback from the developers but no reply or solution as yet, Microsoft support simply refers me back to them, but same problem on two completely different software packages?

If in this small chance that anyone comes across the same problem, or any possible further solutions please don't hesitate to let me know! Hoping patch Tuesday could automatically fix, but not holding out any hopes. :(
    08-08-2016 06:37 AM
    Have a same problem
    08-10-2016 10:10 AM
    In the case of Suitcase Fusion can help to reinstall application
    https://support.extensis.com/Support...tcase-Fusion-6.
    I tried to do it with NeхusFont, but unfortunately the situation has remained the same

Sorry for my "google" english
    08-11-2016 05:04 AM
    Hi Yaarche got your reply from my phone, but isn't showing up on here for some reason.

Yes I tried reinstalling suitcase fusion a couple of times, but both that and NexusFont still had the same problem. It maybe to do with the size of my library (1400+ fonts) but in 1511 this has no issues at all on either. I think something has changed in the way that Windows manages the fonts. I have seen that the anniversary update has been made to support SVG fonts now, so maybe that has something to do with it also.

Anyway the only fix I found was to go back to 1511 with my original disk and Windows Update. Have set the Windows Update to defer until I can see this fixed. Still have the anniversary update on my tablet so will test any updates on there.

Hoping someone from Microsoft, Xiles or Extensis replies soon about the problem. I think it will cause a lot of issues as companies roll out the update to their networks.
    08-11-2016 05:12 AM
    Yes. This is big problem.
    Only solution is rollback before AU.
    08-18-2016 01:33 PM
    Hi. I signed up to share this.

A Twitter user found a way: disabling the Windows Font Cache Service. Im trying this right now, it seems to work! However, it may break other things?
    08-30-2016 07:43 AM
    It works! I hope I did not break anything
    08-31-2016 10:23 AM
    Found the solution for missing fonts with Nexus Font!

I already tried the solution of disabling Windows Font Cache Management service, but still had the problem. I also tried reinstalling Nexus Font which did not solve the problem.

Basically, the solution is to Uninstall the font/s (leaving the files where they are), after which you will see the fonts again... and then Installing the font/s again (again leaving the files where they are).

I made a video of the solution and put it on YouTube if you prefer to see it done:

Best of luck! John
    07-13-2017 07:04 PM