It's the 9th, is it my anniversary ?

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I assume no one will see the update until 9am MS time at the earliest so a good few hours to go.

Really hoping to see the anniversary update before I go to work :smile:

950XL bought directly from Microsoft so as far as I am aware it should be out today.............

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Almost all MS Apps like Phone, Messaging, Clock, Calculator, OneDrive, etc, etc got updated on my Lumia 830 having 10586.494 yesterday (08-Aug India Time).
I guess its time for big update :)

striderbih

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Just bought L950 a few days ago...updated to 494, factory reset, set-up everything perfectly and it works really great.
Now...I'm asking myself do I need to go through everything again, because Anniversary is a major update...and it will be probably recommended factory reset... :crying:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Just bought L950 a few days ago...updated to 494, factory reset, set-up everything perfectly and it works really great.
Now...I'm asking myself do I need to go through everything again, because Anniversary is a major update...and it will be probably recommended factory reset... :crying:

Ah couldn't wait to play with your new phone eh?

You may not need to do a reset best wait and see what other 950 owners experience with the AU.

Never the less not everyone's experience will be the same.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
OK I gave up (Only because of having to go to work of course), half way through final spinning gears.

I hate me lack of discipline :wink:

Almost done now.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
All done, the new Skype app running and working (The old Skype wouldn't answer at the same time as my updated PC and SP3 but now it does).

Every thing else checked out so far, one hour before I leave for work :smile:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

install the update when it releases, let it settle down over a couple of days, monitor and if there are no major issues, don't reset :smile:

Dinu Noroc

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I bough yesterday a Lumia 640 for a relative of mine, and after first boot and settings, i saw a message that the phone needs to restart to prepare for the update on Aug 9. I am eager to get back home from work to see how the phone will feel after update.

I already have a Lumia 950 on insider preview with the last build, but this new 640 that I get to use for a few days, is like Christmas to me, knowing it will be updated. :)))

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I want to think that the reason for the delay was mentioned in the notes for the latest build, which was related to bluetooth and wifi draining the battery, or something similar. I think these are important bugs that merit delaying the release until they're fixed, I just hope it doesn't take another month (especially since with bugs like these I don't really feel like enrolling into Insider).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea