How to watch Netflix on Continuum

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, this was going to be one of my main uses of the Continuum dock. When I got it I realised that I can't. There's no UWP Netflix app, and for some reason, the Netflix website doesn't work on mobile Edge.

Is there anything I'm overlooking? Frankly I'm disappointed at this. Luckily there's true UWP apps like the Crunchyroll UWP who got it right, and can be used in this scenario. Any other that you know about?

MarkH 187

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I have been using Edge for Netflix but lately its been giving an error about display drivers and not being able to play videos. It works fine with the Continuum dock unplugged

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I use Edge. In what way does that not work for you?

Sent from mTalk

Not on mobile, no. On Windows 10 Mobile, in my Lumia 950 XL it loads and shows the movie list, IIRC, but it fails to play content. You press on episodes or movies, or in the red Play button, and it just reloads the page.
This is the regular Edge on the regular 950 XL, on Production even. It never worked either.

iampwd

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Not on mobile, no. On Windows 10 Mobile, in my Lumia 950 XL it loads and shows the movie list, IIRC, but it fails to play content. You press on episodes or movies, or in the red Play button, and it just reloads the page.
This is the regular Edge on the regular 950 XL, on Production even. It never worked either.

I have used it multiple times on 950 xl over Miracast with Edge. Maybe Netflix changed something on their end.

Sent from mTalk

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Update: After getting Anniversary Update on my Lumia 950 XL, I tried using browser Netflix on Continuum and it worked! The performance is perfect, too. I swear this wasn't working before. So it's fixed :)

dc42

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Still doesn't work on Edge. Loads playlist but won't play. I am on Anniversary update. UPDATE, changed the settings on edge Netflix page from mobile to desktop now works perfectly.

Last edited:

BenderTheOffender

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
For the last few months I've been watching netflix through edge browser on continuum perfectly, but since mid october I can't. Nor in mobile neither in desktop mode in edge settings. I'm getting an 'oops error' related to video drivers. I'm on Insider Release Preview, btw. Has someone experienced the same issue, being in production, preview, slow or fast rings?

Thanks for your help!

MarkH 187

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Getting the same error. It works wirelessly but not through the dock. Can't use Film & TV app for the same reason. Seemed to happen an update or two after anniversary update

BenderTheOffender

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. Did that but got an error code again (Q8156). At least this is a different one from the edge-continuum approach. Also says something about not having the right permission to play protected content. I'll dig into that tomorrow.

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I realized that if the phone is asleep (i.e. the display is off) while trying to watch protected content (e.g. Netflix or the Film & TV app) it will not work. It appears to be an audio issue. The solution that I've found, and it works 100%, is to make sure that the phone screen is on when I start playing the content through Continuum (either Netflix in Edge or the Film & TV app). Once the content is playing you can safely turn off the screen. I don't know why this works the way it does, but it does.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I finally broke down and got Netflix because I'm tired of 200 channels of reality shows. I mean Pawn Stars on The History Channel? Really? Nothing historical about that.

Anyway, since there's no UWP app, I tried it on Edge from my Idol 4S via Continuum and it's nothing short of perfect. Clicked the full screen button and watched Gabriel "Fluffy" Iglesias till I cried. For the record, I use the Screenbeam Mini 2 Continuum Edition wireless adapter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion