Continuum's data usage

omerfbingol

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

If I had a Continuum capable phone and set it up with a big display, keyboard etc , could I use it like a PC but spend the same or similar amount of data as a phone ? Let's say I'm browsing some blogs, forums and news websites. Nothing like Youtube, or Spotify even. Does the data usage scale up with the bigger display?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The one difference I see happening is that you'll be downloading full webpages instead of mobile ones which will likely take up more data. (how much though, it depends.)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

If I had a Continuum capable phone and set it up with a big display, keyboard etc , could I use it like a PC but spend the same or similar amount of data as a phone ? Let's say I'm browsing some blogs, forums and news websites. Nothing like Youtube, or Spotify even. Does the data usage scale up with the bigger display?

Bigger display means Edge working in desktop mode. The scale is 10:1. A desktop / notebook pc when browsing drains 10x more data than a mobile in the same sites in mobile version. Be careful.
There not a continuum iussue, that's a universal rule people using their phones with tethering must remember

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett