Windows Mobile notifications on Windows 10 PCs

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

How do you get it so that windows 10 mobile notifications reach all of your PCs. For example, my Lenovo X1 carbon does not get Cortana notifications for text or any windows phone notifications, but my SP3 gets them all and I can actually reply to each text. I am on the latest insider build on both PCs and Mobile.

Any help would be appreciated :)

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
well, I just found my answer:

Go to contana / settings button / send notifications between devices (select on) :)

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
well, I just found my answer:

Go to contana / settings button / send notifications between devices (select on) :)

Does this actually work for you, you're getting and can send from your PC now? I've tried all manner of privacy and other settings, but can't make my Messaging app on my PC sync, beyond what is about 2 weeks "stale" data.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
So I never even get that Setting, under my Cortana Settings, on my PC, and I'm running AU, with the latest Release Preview build, on that side (same on both PC and Phone).
When you say "kinda", do you have new messages, ones that are say newer than 7-10 days?
I can't send either, it's grey-ed out.

I wonder if if I've got some sort of bastardized version of the Messaging app, or similar. I tried to un-install/re-install, but I'd have to jump through hoops, it's one of those apps that's in-built, so you're not allowed to un-install, easily.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So I never even get that Setting, under my Cortana Settings, on my PC, and I'm running AU, with the latest Release Preview build, on that side (same on both PC and Phone).
When you say "kinda", do you have new messages, ones that are say newer than 7-10 days?
I can't send either, it's grey-ed out.
I'm getting notifications from phone apps pushed to Win10. For example sofascore says 'match is starting' when the match has been going on for half an hour. :) Whatsapp also comes through.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
How about messaging, I guess I should be more pointed? I already manage the rest of my data concurrently (Calendar, Email, etc), so it's been in-sync for a long, long time.
My messaging started to sync though, and just stopped, and now is now completely non-functional (I don't receive any my send is grey-ed out too).
Does messaging (i.e. cell texts from your Win Phone) come through concurrently (or even 0.5 hours after), and/or can you send from your PC?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Does messaging (i.e. cell texts from your Win Phone) come through concurrently (or even 0.5 hours after), and/or can you send from your PC?
I recall getting text messages from the phone on my PC early on. TBH I haven't seen any recently (days) even though the option is on. So yes, text message sync now looks broken. The standalone messaging app on the PC shows only blank, nothing there. Not sure if they still support that app.

On PC if hit start and type SMS, I get an option to send an SMS, so that looks like it might work. Haven't tested it though.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
The messaging app on my PC has messages dating back until around the 27th of July, but nothing since :( Obviously the phone is fully up to date.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, mine goes back to 7/29, go figure. That's right about the time I grabbed the preview, so it looks to me like it took a one-time "snapshot" of my messaging, and then the linkage quit.
I can't send on the PC app either, it's grey-ed out.

My phone Messaging app is dead-on, I've never had an issue with it.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The messaging app on my PC has messages dating back until around the 27th of July, but nothing since :( Obviously the phone is fully up to date.

The messages app on my PC shows nothing. It's just blank. In settings there is no option to sign in or nothing.

v3.19.1001.0

I'm not a big sms guy. but there are certain messages I would like to access on my pc for personal reasons. It's really annoying that I can't do this.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Once I got my language issue sorted, for Cortana, things are better, sort of.

I can see new messages in the Action Center now, and it says I can reply to them, and even hit send (although they don't seem to go anywhere, or if they do, it takes a really long time).
If I click on them, it brings up the dated messaging app, with my 7/29 last-messages, not so helpful, it's still not functional at all. I think the only reason I have messages for a range is that I had it running, right before they disabled it for AU ship cycles.

So that's better, maybe, I guess, or not ;-]

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
The messages app on my PC shows nothing. It's just blank. In settings there is no option to sign in or nothing.

v3.19.1001.0

I'm not a big sms guy. but there are certain messages I would like to access on my pc for personal reasons. It's really annoying that I can't do this.

Messaging app was deprecated as announced one months ago by Dona, it will be back in Skype UWP

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I saw that.

What's odd, is that they left the linkage around, so it either pulls up the (currently) deprecated messaging app, or tries to start Skye+Messaging, which is also not equipped to handle it.
Deprecated to me means they turn off any linked object type code as well, so that it's not randomly launching an app(s).

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
It would be useful if when they did this, the app would pop up and say it has been discontinued, and maybe even mention its replacement, instead of leaving us scrabbling around trying to find out why it's stopped working for no apparent reason.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss