Personalise Handwriting Recognition - Not working SP4

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Control Panel\Clock, Language, and Region\Language\Language options>Personalise Handwriting Recognition>

Teaching your handwriting does not work. It does not provide a sentence to write.

handwriting.jpg

This is a clean install of AU (updated to .51) on a Surface Pro4. Anyone experiencing same problem?

Mr Moly

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I have a Surface Book running (Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393) and I have exactly the same problem. I have Windows 10 Anniversary Update (New icon in system tray - "Windows Ink Workspace")

My wife has just received a new Surface Book today running (Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586) and hers works ok.

There must be others out there with the same issue. Hoping MS read these threads?

Thanks.

jrhenn

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. I bought my SP4 this summer prior to the AU. The handwriting recognition worked fine and I had completed about 25 of the sentences in teaching it to recognize my handwriting. After the AU was installed I went back with the intent of completing the 50 sentences and I encountered the same problem. When I try to teach windows how to recognize only singular letters, it appears to work, but upon saving and exiting, I get a notification that it did not save.

ALToronto

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I've replied twice, and neither reply was posted!

@ttsoldier, you're right - if you go to the Personalize handwriting recognition window and select Teach the recognizer your handwriting style, you get 2 fields in which to write your text, but nothing to compare it against. Must be a bug.

Instead, select the option to Target specific recognition errors. The next window gives you a field in which to type the problem words or expressions. After you click Next, you will get 4 fields in which to write them out. I find this feature very helpful.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've replied twice, and neither reply was posted!

@ttsoldier, you're right - if you go to the Personalize handwriting recognition window and select Teach the recognizer your handwriting style, you get 2 fields in which to write your text, but nothing to compare it against. Must be a bug.

This is what Microsoft needs to fix.

Beauvaidos

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Certainly an Anniversary Update Issue. I bought an i7/16Gb/1Tb SP4 Specifically for the Handwritten Note to Text feature which was demoed by the rep (on a pre-AU) system ... still struggling to find anyone at MSFT who will even admit this has been broken!!! HOWEVER, I am such a die-hard MSFT ****** I would consider typing the 50 recommended sentences into the "specific character and word" section (which works). Can anyone tell us what the recommended sentences are??? Or ... how about this Microsoft ... FIX IT !!! ... Standing By with Hope & Faith ... Beauvaidos

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro