Continuum made to work on lower end Lumias

iampwd

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I could ask the same about 950 devices, and the answer wouldnt be that much better at the moment

It runs very good on 950 XL. Sure Edge could use better performance but most (if not all) apps works just fine.

I don't game so can't comment on that.

I'm using Miracast at home and dock at work. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Over miracast mouse scroll wheel is a little slow and 1080p video tend to run a little slow. Otherwise I don't see much difference.

How is your experience?

Sent from mTalk

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I would want to see a video - phone i.e 830 being connected to a dock, enabled on the phone manually and then shown how it runs when fully connected. Screenshots can be easily doctored.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure when MS makes their decisions it's not just about the current state but what the future changes to the service will bring as well. The 950XL runs really well on continuum but I have heard of 950 giving issues here and there. Consumers want things to run smooth without hiccups and MS is going to have to make compromises if they want to be taken seriously in the consumer market. The buggy nature of the 950/xl at launch sealed their fate. I don't think they want the same issue with redstone 2 and especially with their new devices.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure when MS makes their decisions it's not just about the current state but what the future changes to the service will bring as well. The 950XL runs really well on continuum but I have heard of 950 giving issues here and there. Consumers want things to run smooth without hiccups and MS is going to have to make compromises if they want to be taken seriously in the consumer market. The buggy nature of the 950/xl at launch sealed their fate. I don't think they want the same issue with redstone 2 and especially with their new devices.

It's not about technical reasons - it's about giving the users more incentive to buy more expensive devices. it's all about artificial limitations

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not about technical reasons - it's about giving the users more incentive to buy more expensive devices. it's all about artificial limitations
Yup, the WP8/W10M split was exactly this too with some victim blaming and laziness (or resource triaging to be fancy.) tossed in.

I also heard the WP7/8 fiasco was largely from some marketing decision but I dont remember where I heard it.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
well that's basically what happens really, look at the desktop scene, all media telling us how its dying and analysts predicting less and less sales, no way businesses want that to happen to yet another market, as you all have seen, if your desktop/laptop pc cant run something, its because it PHYSICALLY cant do it, and even in most cases it will run them via software brute force, like running h265 video using raw cpu on a pc with no HW acceleration for the codec, whether you want to do that is up to you as the end user, not microdot's decision

and even more interesting is those scenarios where your pc could be deemed not fast enough, but its blatantly clear it cant run the software properly because of how poorly optimized it is, and beefier system can just because they can handle the horrible overhead

but hey once in a while some worthy software comes up that makes proper use of all the newest hardware, hardware which wouldn't exist if it weren't for these same greedy intentions in the first place, so there's that, not the ideal way of making progress, but at least its progress right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers