Stop Cortana Reading Texts Over Blutooth

neutropia

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
This wasn't so annoying on WP8.1 where if I read the message through the phone, Cortana wouldn't ask if I wanted to read it, or she'd immediately go back to playing my music. But now, she still asks me if I want her to read the message I am actively reading, and sometimes if I'm lucky, she won't allow the music to resume and I have to do it manually.

As a result, I tried searching for a way to stop this. All I found for settings was to remove messaging's access to my bluetooth through gadgets and turning off Gadget's ability to read my messages. Neither option has worked so does anyone know what setting I'm missing?

Last edited:

neutropia

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Here I was looking under every single phone setting & searching within those settings to no avail. It never occurred to me that I would have to use Cortana's search to find her own personal setting menu hidden under NOTEBOOK.

I love my windows phone but the WP10 added so many new "features"/glitches/things that don't make sense that I'm considering jumping ship when my upgrade is here.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Here I was looking under every single phone setting & searching within those settings to no avail. It never occurred to me that I would have to use Cortana's search to find her own personal setting menu hidden under NOTEBOOK.

I love my windows phone but the WP10 added so many new "features"/glitches/things that don't make sense that I'm considering jumping ship when my upgrade is here.

OMG... I don't undestand: first people asks for more feature, than people blame too much features. That's only a menu, like android and ios, or a brand new car dashboard computer menu, or a new digital washing machine even: user should use it a little!

Don't belive your new ship will be easier to use ;) IMHO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb