Windows 10 Mobile Official/Production: Anniversary Update 14393.67 (Redstone 1, Inactive)

striderbih

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Official/Production: Anniversary Update 14393.67 (Redstone 1, non-Insider)

- some font are to small in my opinion (settings, "expand" in notification centar etc.)
- after updating People app, live tile doesn't show contact pictures (I did even factory reset, as it is major update).
- can't get update for camera...same old camera without panorama.

Generally, not impressed with new things.
Latest 10586 was perfect on my phone. Probably wee need couple of cumulative updates to get this level of polishing.

Lumia 950

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Official/Production: Anniversary Update 14393.67 (Redstone 1, non-Insider)

Upgrading process went smoothly and everything synced and was fine.Went to sleep happily since the official threshold 2 build upgrade on 17th March gave quite a few bugs on my phone.
However today morning alarms did not ring,found no contacts in people app and Whatsapp ,was not getting messages and very low volume for sound.
I was asked to verify my account on my phone which I tried but no code arrived,either by sms or email.Tried again after 30 mins approx and was successful and contacts synced.But Alarm problem persists and volume for sound is hardly audible.Also my phone says my phone number is 'Unknown'
wp_ss_20160817_0001.png
Any suggestions ?
Thanks !

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site

What is chasable notification from w10m anniversary update ?
Panorama not work in default camera app.

Kenny Mc

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site

installed yesterday on my Lumia 1520 everything seems to work except Glance: while charging despite being set to the option to turn off the display after 30, 5, 15 minutes the screen is always on. The only solution I found in putting off the display is cover the proximity sensor

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

installed yesterday on my Lumia 1520 everything seems to work except Glance: while charging despite being set to the option to turn off the display after 30, 5, 15 minutes the screen is always on. The only solution I found in putting off the display is cover the proximity sensor

That's the new glance behaviour, read carefully the in-app instructions: "When on battery..."
Leave feedback for that

Horvath Gyorgy1

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site

Couple of bugs:
- no FM Radio???
- Tile text size overflowing (too big) (Is there a way to set this?)

jisto1215

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

Anyone installed anniversary update on lumia 640?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Couple of bugs:
- no FM Radio???
- Tile text size overflowing (too big) (Is there a way to set this?)

Radio was removed months ago. There's some nice free apps in Store for that
Text size : check Settings -> Screen -> text scaling and set slider to Recommended, then reboot your phone

Horvath Gyorgy1

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site

Radio was removed months ago. There's some nice free apps in Store for that
Text size : check Settings -> Screen -> text scaling and set slider to Recommended, then reboot your phone

No, that does not repair overflowing text. I set text size to 150% (200% is the recommended) and it did the trick

grahamjbarber

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site

Are MSFT trying to push customers away from Windows 10 Mobile? First they get rid of the gorgeously fluid menus established for years. Then they slash the free OneDrive storage. Now, they?ve ditched kids corner.

My phone auto-updated last night and come the morning, when my son asked to play a game on my phone, I can?t get to kids corner. Can?t find it in the settings anymore. Then a quick internet search reveals MSFT have thrown in away. Seriously MSFT? My wife and I both have windows phones (930 and 950) and kids corner is one of our top features. We can let our 3yo play a quick game without having to worry about IAPs or him messing with our settings and deleting things. Apps corner is just pants in comparison, doesn?t stop IAPs (alright, they are still pin protected, just not disabled), I can?t seem to launch it from swiping anymore either; I have to go the app and manually launch it. It takes ages to load and then ages to close. They might say usage was low, but if that?s the case then just put the feature in to maintenance only mode.

I really am so annoyed now. I?ve loved the windows phone OS for years now, ever since I got the 800 on WP7.5. Every phone and release just seemed to get better and better. With WP8.1 I honestly believed it was the best OS on the market. Friends of mine with Android and iOS just had no answer to features like the brilliant start screen or kids corner. With W10M it seems to be gradually morphing in to the other boring phone OSs. How long before they ditch the customisable start screen with fixed-sized static icons?

My wife ventured in to the WP world with the 930, she?s dead set on switching away from WP on her next upgrade now that kids corner is gone. The app store gap has bugged her the whole time, but some unique features were keeping her interested ? were.

Oh yeah, and now my emails won?t open. The app just crashes on load every time. But, it?s okay, if I restart my phone I get to open them once before the crashing starts again ? grrr.

Rant over.

Horvath Gyorgy1

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site

One more little bug: flashlight does not seem to work after the update

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

One more little bug: flashlight does not seem to work after the update

If there's the button but doens't flash, simply soft reset.
If button is missing, you should add it via Settings -> Notify center -> Add

anon(9812982)

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site

No panorama option on Lumia 735- I know it is officially supported only on *50 series, however I read around it works on many different older devices :\

It also would be nice if someone is able to extract the FM Radio app package from the 1511 iso...

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

No panorama option on Lumia 735- I know it is officially supported only on *50 series, however I read around it works on many different older devices :\

It also would be nice if someone is able to extract the FM Radio app package from the 1511 iso...

Check Microsoft Photo app version in the Store update list, maybe is stilll the previous vrsn

Horvath Gyorgy1

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site

If there's the button but doens't flash, simply soft reset.
If button is missing, you should add it via Settings -> Notify center -> Add
I have the flashlight button (and a separate app pinned to start screen) but neither works after a soft reset.

Last edited:

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

The camera app with panorama was available on the fast app ring only; I didn't get it until I switch to fast ring after my last hard reset.

Maybe they didn't flip the switch to make fast ring apps available on production yet.

anon(9812982)

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site

Check Microsoft Photo app version in the Store update list, maybe is stilll the previous vrsn

I did not receive any Camera or Photos update. .-. I still have Lumia Panorma installed, but as everyone know it's not so good .-.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So this update is nice!

I really love how notifications are done and the new settings menu, and of course the blacks in phone, messaging, and settings with dark theme. I like that I can finally see that I have alarms set on my Glance screen. I wish the same went for the volume being on silent though. One thing I'm also liking a lot is the "Swipe up to dismiss the lock screen". It used to annoy me that I would have the iris scanner searching for my eyes when I just unlocked the lock screen like a minute ago.
I haven't used the priority thing yet but I think that's a nice touch. Oh, speaking of nice touches, having a separate section for background apps is great, along with removing actions that you don't care for in the action center. Too early to speak on battery life though.

Edit: The camera on the lockscreen is also awesome too, not sure I forgot that. That is much easier to use over pulling from the top lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb