Mail not responding to compose button

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone having a problem with the latest mail app? When I click the add button to compose an email it does not respond, same with the forward button. Rather annoying as I need to do some prep work for a meeting tonight.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone having a problem with the latest mail app? When I click the add button to compose an email it does not respond, same with the forward button. Rather annoying as I need to do some prep work for a meeting tonight.

it seems to be an issue that comes and goes - try a soft reset or check for app updates

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem, about a week or so ago, it's another of those "fiddle with everything on the app until it works" kind of deals. I tried changing my sync schedule, I think maybe the amount of mail (week/month/year/indefinite), and a couple of other things, and then it "just worked".
Since I was mostly interested in unblocking my email too, I didn't keep a detailed record, but I know mine unblocked, and I was equally irritated (I wasn't near a PC, and just trying to finish an email I had saved)...
Try flipping some things, I bet it'll reset enough to unblock. Maybe check for Store updates too, see if your Outlook app is 100% up-to-date?

There are a lot of things like this since the AU, WiFi, Bluetooth, battery weirdness, a bunch of stuff that requires either fiddling or tweaking to figure out what the right "balance" is. Hopefully subsequent builds will smooth it out...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Icloud still uses the very same mail programme. Its rather strange that one was still working and the other wouldn't. Not entirely sure what you were trying to correct? Seemed clear by the narrative.....

maybe I'm not understanding something :sweaty:

What is icloud? A service or an app? From your issue, I understood that the outlook mail app compose button has issues while for the icloud (I assumed app) it works

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire