Cortana on w10m outside eligible countries, without changing my region, only my language.

Giwan

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Im sorry if this has been covered before, I couldn't find a post that covered this exact problem.

I am Dutch but have my PC language set to "English US", which allows me to use Cortana whilst my region is still set to "The Netherlands". When, however, I do this on my mobile phone, Cortana is not available. Is this because this really isn't available for mobile yet, or am I doing something wrong? Please note that I do NOT want to set my region to anything else but "The Netherlands".

Thanks in advance for any reply concerning this problem.

Grimwar

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Im sorry if this has been covered before, I couldn't find a post that covered this exact problem.

I am Dutch but have my PC language set to "English US", which allows me to use Cortana whilst my region is still set to "The Netherlands". When, however, I do this on my mobile phone, Cortana is not available. Is this because this really isn't available for mobile yet, or am I doing something wrong? Please note that I do NOT want to set my region to anything else but "The Netherlands".

Thanks in advance for any reply concerning this problem.

I wrote this for another thread, but it may help you

Thank you This worked for me on a Microsoft Lumia 640xl. I had Microsoft Gorge mobile , i changed to Microsoft Zira Mobile and now Cortana works!
Great tip

on a Mobile version 1607, build 10.0.14393.67, which is the Anniversary Update.
1# go to all settings
2# Time & Language
3# Speech
4#At the bottom under the text of
Text-to-speech
Voice
Tap on the Microsoft xxxxx Mobile
Change it to a different Voice.

I had Microsoft George Mobile
I changed it to Microsoft Zira Mobile.

Now Cortana works!

Members online