Groove Music App not resuming playback when paused from volume overlay

TheAsbo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I study on my Surface Pro 4 and I just started using the Groove Music app to playback music files on my tablet. I pause often. I hit volume up or down on top of the tablet and hit pause so I don't have to go back to the app. The problem I've found is that if I pause the music from the overlay, I can't resume it again from the overlay.

I have to go back into the app and the song is paused and set at the beginning of the track again for some reason. I find this very annoying since it happens even when I have it paused for only 20 seconds or so.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Movies & TV app fails as well.. I mean when you pause a video and go back to the app, instead of having a "play" button to resume, it still has the "pause" button. Granted, click on the "pause" button will resume the video... it's very annoying.

Also.. we can't even create a video playlist on movies & tv.. I mean.. come on Microsoft. sigh.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Movies & TV app fails as well.. I mean when you pause a video and go back to the app, instead of having a "play" button to resume, it still has the "pause" button. Granted, click on the "pause" button will resume the video... it's very annoying.

Also.. we can't even create a video playlist on movies & tv.. I mean.. come on Microsoft. sigh.

they did add the function where if you're playing one video, it will show options for next or previous video as long as the videos are in the same folder

pc2k16

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
Using my Lumia 1520, I'm able to pause and play at will from the volume overlay control. I can do this with the phone locked or unlocked. Not sure if on a tablet it's different, but I wouldn't think so.

The only issue I do have with the Groove player now is occasionally it will not automatically start playing the music when connected to Bluetooth in my car, when I start the car. It occasionally stays paused, but it's pretty rare. My guess is this is a bug. Seems to affect you even more.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Never got that option or have seen that function anywhere with videos in the same folder.

maybe an update is pending for the app. This is on anniversary update by the way.

For example, when I open a video and it is playing, on the right and left side of the app screen are arrows showing next or previous. They might show up if you hover your mouse over there

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
maybe an update is pending for the app. This is on anniversary update by the way.

For example, when I open a video and it is playing, on the right and left side of the app screen are arrows showing next or previous. They might show up if you hover your mouse over there

Yes. I am on anniversary update. I have no such arrows.

My movies & tv app is version 3.6.2251.0 with no updates in the store.

What's yours?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
3.6.2394. So yours is still the older version. Does it matter that I'm on release ring?

Thanks... When hitting "check for updates" in the store, the update was not showing. But since you confirmed you had a newer version, I manually searched for the app and the update was there to 3.6.2394

This update brings the arrows... and on my SP4 , I can also swipe right or left to navigate.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks... When hitting "check for updates" in the store, the update was not showing. But since you confirmed you had a newer version, I manually searched for the app and the update was there to 3.6.2394

This update brings the arrows... and on my SP4 , I can also swipe right or left to navigate.

I guess I can also swipe though I haven't tried. Wish they would bring the 2 finger tap to pause feature - it went missing a couple of months ago

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos