In Flight App worry

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello, flying on a small Delta plane there was no entertainment system. You had to use your phone. But you have to download their app. I doubt they make it for Windows Phone. Did not try because it was down sitting there flight... Problem solved?

Anyone else get to try?

Thanks

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
You have to use there app to access the Wi-Fi? I'd imagine just connecting from your phone and opening IE/Edge would prompt to accept there terms, similar to other places. I can't imagine them allowing Wi-Fi and blocking all connections but their app. That would be a very poor way of doing business IMO. But who knows, I've seen dumber things.

Hmm, just looked at their web site, and if I'm reading it correct, I guess you do have to use their app for their free entertainment... and yes, no windows app, which is kind of crazy in this day and age (350+ million W10 installs (easily more than a few of those are tablets / notebooks)) :( ... If you want Wi-Fi outside of their walled entertainment garden, you have to pay for messaging and/or Wi-Fi.

Always a good idea to load up a phone with offline movies/entertainment prior to take-off.

Last edited:

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
You are correct - you have to use their app to get their inflight entertainment - or like you said - pay!

Bad, bad bad for WP!!!! This also happened to me on another carrier - but it was international. Boy did that suck. Luckily my gf had an android phone and tablet. That worked.

I don't mind loading up, but sometimes you just want to browse, see what they have as a choice.

I hope other carriers start to see people with Surfaces who might want to enjoy a movie for free....

I'm going to email Delta for fun....

But my WP and HP Stream 7 are not going to be useful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea