I got hacked awhile back, and I'm finally past that, have formatted my drives, done clean install on Windows 10 Pro... Then I made a big boo-boo. I feel silly even posting to the forum, but I can't figure out how to fix it.

I always have a C drive for Windows and a D drive for my data. So after I install Windows, I always modify the shortcuts for Documents, Downloads, Pictures, etc.
    Well, when I changed the Documents properties, for the location I put 'D', instead of D:\Documents. Now the Documents Icon says 'D', and when you right click and look at properties, it looks like a hard drive. It looks exactly like Drive D looks.

I haven't restored any data yet, so Drive D is empty.
    I'm attaching pics so you'll see exactly what I mean.

Thanks for ANY help.

documents-shortcut-error.jpg
    08-22-2016 01:22 PM
    I got hacked awhile back, and I'm finally past that, have formatted my drives, done clean install on Windows 10 Pro... Then I made a big boo-boo. I feel silly even posting to the forum, but I can't figure out how to fix it.

I always have a C drive for Windows and a D drive for my data. So after I install Windows, I always modify the shortcuts for Documents, Downloads, Pictures, etc.
    Well, when I changed the Documents properties, for the location I put 'D', instead of D:\Documents. Now the Documents Icon says 'D', and when you right click and look at properties, it looks like a hard drive. It looks exactly like Drive D looks.

I haven't restored any data yet, so Drive D is empty.
    I'm attaching pics so you'll see exactly what I mean.

Thanks for ANY help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Documents shortcut error.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	554.8 KB 
ID:	129703

You've to change your Documents path .

Follow some steps :

1. Right click on Documents.
    2. Change the path you like:

http://m.winsupersite.com/site-files...ocationtab.PNG

3. Click Move. Ok.

--------Another useful tip
    If you had lost very important data from D drive.
    Then You've to try for EaseUs Data Recover software.

http://www.easeus.com/file-recovery/...indows-10.html

(Don't forget to Create a system restore before installing this ON YOUR OWN RISK)
    08-22-2016 01:29 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion, but that doesn't work. I still have a shortcut that is pointing to my Drive D. Did you look at the pic I attached? You'll see what I mean. The Documents shortcut looks like a hard drive shortcut.

And, FYI I have used the EaseUS recovery before. It's GREAT software.
    08-22-2016 02:09 PM
    It looks like a new partition.

See what Disk Management tells you. .
    melhiore likes this.
    08-22-2016 03:15 PM
    Try system restore , it takes your PC back to an earlier point in time and it won’t affect your personal files.
    08-23-2016 04:19 AM