Help! Cannot reply to SMS in action center

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Since the anniversary update, I have been getting my SMS message notifications on my desktop PC action center. I reply to them in the Action center, but they never get sent out. It works fine when I send an SMS message through Cortana though. Is there some kind of setting that I am missing to enable this? I get no error message after sending from the Action center. Thanks!

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Cheers for your answer, but I have never used Messaging everywhere. I'm talking strictly about the Action Center. Is this related to Messaging Everywhere? I just find it odd that my SMS messages appear on my desktop's Action Centre, and gives me the option to reply. Why would it do that if support was pulled?

I've attached what I'm talking about here:

messaging.jpg

Has anyone else successfully been able to send messages from the Action Center?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
From what I can understand, yes Messaging Everywhere is/was the reason you could respond via the AC.. MS has now removed that option, but will reintroduce it using the Skype UWP app..

A lot of us are disappointed.. In the feedback hub, a lot of people are still asking MS to reverse the decision, but so far no response

However you can still easily send messages using Cortana (as you already pointed out)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre