Windows 10 Official/Production: Cumulative Update 14393.82 (Redstone 1, Inactive)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft rolls out cumulative updates to Windows 10 PCs | Windows Central

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things Build 14393.82 of Windows 10. Discuss it all here.

[TIP]Basic tip

If you're having any issues with your device, try a reset.

Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Reset this PC > This provides you with two options: 1. keep my files and 2. remove everything[/TIP]

[TIP]Keep my files

Does just as its name describes. If you choose the setting you can reinstall Windows 10 without having to back up any of the pictures, videos, music and documents that you have stored on it. You absolutely should back up these things just in case, but you shouldn?t need to use that back up. Keep My Files requires a certain amount of free space on your device. As such, it may be unavailable to you if your device is stuffed with a lot of files. If you get an error message asking for more storage when you choose this option you?ll need to back up your files and choose the remove everything option. You could also delete any files that you aren?t using on your device and try the option again. This option will take longer than the other options.[/TIP]

[TIP]Remove Everything

Deletes every file, every setting from your device and gives you a blank copy of Windows 10 to work with. You?ll need to add any files you have backed up to your device again [/TIP]

Microsoft is rolling out two updates to Windows 10 on the PC for non-Insider users, while also rolling out one for Insiders in the Release Preview ring. One of the two updates is the same 14393.82 cumulative download that was rolled out last week to Insider members in the Release Preview update ring, which fixed a number of bugs following the release of the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

The other new update, for both Release Preview and production versions of Windows 10, has the support number KB3176936, and according to Microsoft's change log, "this update makes stability improvements for the Windows 10 Version 1607 servicing stack." There's no word yet on when the 14393.82 update will be released for all non-Insider Windows 10 Mobile users as well.

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Official/Production: Cumulative Update 14393.82 (Redstone 1, non-Insider)

After the 23 of August update bookmarks don't show up in the Edge bookmarks toolbar. I import them from IE or chrome and after that they still don't show up. They're in the correct folder, though, I checked.
Is anyone else experiencing this?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Official/Production: Cumulative Update 14393.82 (Redstone 1, non-Insider)

I just recently restarted to apply the update... All my bookmarks are still in Edge.

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site

After the 23 of August update bookmarks don't show up in the Edge bookmarks toolbar. I import them from IE or chrome and after that they still don't show up. They're in the correct folder, though, I checked.
Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, I did. The "fix" for me was right-click on the bookmarks bar and select "show icons only" and then switch it back to "show names and icons". I did it when I noticed it, so I don't know if the bookmarks would have been lost had I restarted the browser.

benryder

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Does this fix the problem with printing more than 2 documents introduced with the Anniversary Update/KB3176495 ?

Ben.

thunderHC

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site

What's new in this update? Have not noticed any changes.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site

Something I noticed after both my phone and PC got the official update, text messages I receive pop up in action center on my PC. I'm able to read and respond (if I wish) to the message. I like that a lot. :)

Sent from mTalk

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

What's new in this update? Have not noticed any changes.

Here's what's in the Windows 10 PC and Mobile cumulative build 14393.82 for Insiders | Windows Central

• Improved reliability of Network Controller, DNS server, gateways, Storage Spaces Direct, Group Managed Service Accounts, remote procedure calls (RPC), PowerShell, Internet Explorer, printer pairing and interoperability, the Windows kernel, Media Core, the Store, Connected Standby, Cluster Health service, the Hypervisor debugger and platform, and Active Directory.
  • Improved performance for Storage Spaces Direct (S2D) with many nodes or disks, scrolling lists on Xbox, DHCP address acquisition, Active Directory queries, and the Cluster Health service.
  • Addressed issue that prevents external media from playing on Xbox One using the Cast to Device menu.
  • Addressed issue that causes the Mouse events to be not recognized sometimes in Internet Explorer.
  • Addressed issue that slows the rendering and resizing of nested tables in Internet Explorer.
  • Addressed issue that was not causing the UI layout to be updated correctly in Internet Explorer 11 quirks mode.
  • Addressed issue that was causing nodes to be disconnected from a Cluster service intermittently.
  • Addressed issue with the 3G and 4G options not shown correctly in Windows 10 Mobile settings.
  • Addressed additional issues with MDM enrollment for an Azure Active Directory tenant, software compatibility, poor rendering of Yu Gothic font family, Cortana, slow connections to cluster shares, Xbox One cannot launch the Netflix app using the DIAL protocol, Xbox sound volume and music playback, all video stops while audio plays in a Movies & TV app, incorrect scaling of Internet Explorer's first-run dialog, driver setup, Windows Update for Business, apps failing to install after resetting device, boot failure with Hyper-V and BitLocker enabled, Cache Manager, Cluster Health service, cannot alter roles and features on a locked down machine, disk-to-enclosure mappings not working, PowerShell, missing lock screen image, fitness tracker not recognized as a mass storage device, synchronization not working between Intune and Azure Active Directory (AAD), failed Wi-Fi Skype calls, poor streaming playback using progressive download, failed cancellation of Store download, extensions for Microsoft Edge, incorrect Lock screen UI after resuming from hibernate and sleep and blocked installation of Store game bundles.
Microsoft re-releases Windows 10 build 14393.82 for PC Insiders with additional fix | Windows Central

• Improved download size optimization of updates

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site

The anniversary update turned my tablet into a snail. Was fine before the update now it's sluggish and freezes a lot. Very unhappy. Since I did the same on the home pc and didn't have a problem I decided to delete the old version of windows to save some space on the tablet. If I was smarter I wouldn't and just rolled back to the old version of windows. Should I be optimistic and expect Microsoft to release another update that fixes this issues or just I just do a clean install?
Cheers

thunderHC

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site

Oh ok. You know that little wifi connection icon? It has been replaced after the update with that icon like it is connected with the cable. Is it also in update or just a bug or smth?

Last edited by a moderator:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Oh ok. You know that little wifi connection icon? It has been replaced after the update with that icon like it is connected with the cable. Is it also in update or just a bug or smth?

So the WiFi symbol fails to appear and it shows the icon for ethernet?

Yeah, if you are connected to WiFi that would be incorrect. I'm not seeing that on my desktop.

If you are not connected to LAN, but you see the symbol you describe: I'd start investigations in Device Manager and make sure everything looks good in the Network Adapters category. Make sure drivers are up to date...

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

The anniversary update turned my tablet into a snail. Was fine before the update now it's sluggish and freezes a lot. Very unhappy. Since I did the same on the home pc and didn't have a problem I decided to delete the old version of windows to save some space on the tablet. If I was smarter I wouldn't and just rolled back to the old version of windows. Should I be optimistic and expect Microsoft to release another update that fixes this issues or just I just do a clean install?
Cheers
My Venue 8 Pro started behaving similarly. After performing some checks looks like the 2GB system memory is being used more than previous OS versions. This makes sense as Microsoft recently upgraded the minimum system requirements for the Anniversary Update, i.e. 2GB for x86 build. I'm going to research a bit more and see if a reset is going to improve things. Also restricting background apps could help.

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site

My Venue 8 Pro started behaving similarly. After performing some checks looks like the 2GB system memory is being used more than previous OS versions. This makes sense as Microsoft recently upgraded the minimum system requirements for the Anniversary Update, i.e. 2GB for x86 build. I'm going to research a bit more and see if a reset is going to improve things. Also restricting background apps could help.
It would be very helpful if you did since I'm in holidays and can't get my hands on a keyboard, needed for my clean install procedure (I have to create a Bootable usb pen with the iso provided by the OEM, with the drivers already on-board, the reset procedure won't work). My tablet is the Chuwi Hi12, it has 4gb of ram but I weak atom processor to drive the 1440p resolution. Even so, in the 30 min I used it before installing the anniversary update it didn't seem so sluggish, not by a long shot.
I look forward to hearing from you soon. :)

Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon