Chaseable Tiles implementation scenarios

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
With the Windows Central app adding the feauture to be a Chaseable Tile, and at least one other app I know of having already implemented it (the MSPoweruser app), I think that we'll start to see more and more apps showcasing this feature of Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

Let's discuss the feature. Personally I think It's great and It's something that should have been implemented long ago, as It's a basic concept of the natural use of live tiles (ie, getting the story or content you click on, which is something to be expected).

Which apps do you think would benefit more from the implementation of this feature?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The option to save app data to OneDrive has been available for quite some time and many agree that enabling this for apps would be a great thing, yet the adoption rate was never high..

Hope this feature does better...

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
The option to save app data to OneDrive has been available for quite some time and many agree that enabling this for apps would be a great thing, yet the adoption rate was never high..

Hope this feature does better...

Not sure what you mean about OneDrive data saving, but I think this is something that's more user-facing and brings a more natural use of the apps. I've been told many times about the problem with live tiles showing content, and it's also happened to me. I think this solves the issue of having to search for the content that made you open the app because you saw it in the live tile.

It's happened to me with the people app too, seeing pictures of people I didn't recognize or remember, and then having to enter to scroll down the endless list of contacts. I think this could be a possible use scenario but it would be more complex to implement than in news sites. This feature is perfect for live tiles that show articles and news. Possibly images too, like in Tumblr or Pinterest or something. Definitely for Facebook.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss