the name of update disappears and stops at the 0%*

afshin bahramy

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
when I check for update on my laptop , start, but after few second, the name of update disappears and stops at the 0% !
I run the Windows Update Troubleshooter but not found problems!!!
plz help and tnx...
this link screenshot show my problem :
http://cdn.persiangig.com/preview/XqOdsUZxne/Screenshot%20(31).png

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

afshin bahramy

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
tnx for answer,
this take for few hours, yes restart and even turn off it, ver.1607(os build 14393. 51)
but I not get the anniversary update by windows update check, I get it by Windows10Upgrade software that download from Microsoft,
not problem of this?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
tnx for answer,
this take for few hours, yes restart and even turn off it, ver.1607(os build 14393. 51)
but I not get the anniversary update by windows update check, I get it by Windows10Upgrade software that download from Microsoft,
not problem of this?

don't think so. Just give it a couple of days and try again
Or try with a different internet connection if possible

In update settings, is there a setting for receive updates for other microsoft products? Disable that

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Windows Update is thoroughly broken in 1607, even moreso if your machine is getting its updates from a WSUS server.

Primary Symptom: If an update for Windows is available, all updates will hang at a random percentage for a random amount of time, possibly forever.
Other Symptoms: The progress indication will completely disappear to be replaced by two links to Update history. Various services related to Windows Update will crash.

Treatment: If you go to catalog.update.microsoft.com, download and install manually the stuck Windows update(s), shortly thereafter any other pending updates (Office, Defender, etc) will succeed.

There are two feedback items I created for this issue, one for Windows Update and one for WSUS. Should be easily searchable as they both have "thoroughly broken" in the title.

This issue has gotten so bad, had I realized its existence I would have delayed upgrading 40+ computers at my workplace. Right now I have two choices: everybody is stuck at whatever update they are on now and I will update them when and if they complain loudly enough; or I go to everyone's desk and manually install the updates, every time Microsoft releases an update for Windows. I don't have time for WSUS to be broken, got real problems to solve.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea