Multitasking in windows 10 mobile

gabwar

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
When they will introduce the close all apps features because that a very handy feature for fast closing....and when those they fix app that are open but don't appear in the multitask...they appear when you press the back button and you have all apps close....not fun

PhineasTD

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
You've just touched upon one of the most significant complaints against Windows Mobile; multitasking. There's also the dreaded 'resuming...' when waking your device when it was still in an app. One of the greatest things you can do regarding this is by using the feedback option on your device! Microsoft does listen a majority of the time, albeit somewhat slow on the uptake...

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
There's also the dreaded 'resuming...' when waking your device when it was still in an app.

That doesn't seem to really occur with a UWP Windows 10 app tho. Old WP8 apps (like Whatsapp for instance) do, but new universal apps (Vba10, Facebook - from microsoft -, weather apps, calendar etc....) instantly come back to the screen

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
When they will introduce the close all apps features because that a very handy feature for fast closing....and when those they fix app that are open but don't appear in the multitask...they appear when you press the back button and you have all apps close....not fun

Closing apps? Why?
That's so, android!
Just don't close apps, it will also save you resuming screens.

Pressing the back button, does not mean those apps where still open in memory.

gabwar

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
A hate that when I know that I closed all apps and press the back key and a random app opens...that feels like a bug
If there are still opens in the back why they just not appear in the multitasker?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
A hate that when I know that I closed all apps and press the back key and a random app opens...that feels like a bug
If there are still opens in the back why they just not appear in the multitasker?

On older phones should there the limit display set to 7 for not slowing start screen (video memory limit). That's a iussue we discussed months ago, I'm disappointed it popped out again in o.s.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Question is : why not ? I don't need Groove to be running h24 and wasting my volume controls, as much as I don't need any other app to run when I don't want it to. That's a user-preference

giphy.gif

That bothers me immensely!

May 28, 2014
Visit site
You've just touched upon one of the most significant complaints against Windows Mobile; multitasking. There's also the dreaded 'resuming...' when waking your device when it was still in an app.

I am also deeply bothered about this. Since my phone is on fast ring, this occurs more frequently which is kind of irritating when you have to do something quickly.

vader42

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 mobile is running the same basic kernel as your pc. You can select if apps are allowed to run in the background in settings. In previous versions of the os, apps would be suspended and resumed. They are running all the time now. It is up to the app what it does when backgrounded. Some old apps will suspend themselves, other more modern ones won't. Edge runs well (too well) in the background. You can check what is running in developer mode by connecting to the built in web server. It looks a lot like task manager. You can see processes, and how much cpu they are using. Closing apps you are not using lowers the CPU use which in turn uses less battery. Windows 10 mobile is actually one of the most advanced os to ever run on a phone. It is not a cut down version like android or ios.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Some prefer to have them tomb stoned and some like to close all apps either out of habit or have a aging battery.

I prefer to close all my apps as a matter of habit and given that there is no firmware update for the L930 with WM10... some of us do need to close all apps. Sure the UWP apps may be more efficient however code efficiency will only stretch so far - we need firmware optimisations. Like the OP and others I too would like to have a close all button.

Furthermore with larger phones its not as easy to slide and close apps one handed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro