Skype in "Messaging" (August update)

lwenke1

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi I used to be able to have text chats in Skype within the Messaging app. It worked exactly like normal SMS's and I received a alert sound when I received a Skype message and the message would briefly appear on the screen.
When the phone did a major update this morning that functionality seems to have been removed....
In the Messaging settings there doesn't seem to be a way of enabling it again.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi I used to be able to have text chats in Skype within the Messaging app. It worked exactly like normal SMS's and I received a alert sound when I received a Skype message and the message would briefly appear on the screen.
When the phone did a major update this morning that functionality seems to have been removed....
In the Messaging settings there doesn't seem to be a way of enabling it again.

Skype and messages were divided back as in origin, since may, due to full negative feedbacks by insiders

Now use simply skype as a normal app, like Messages, Messenger, Whatsapp, Twitter, etc.
Allow skype in underground and you'll got the sound and the screen brief notify.
Easy. As always since 8

zombie0

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Pulling Skype back out of Messaging is awkward at this point. The integration seemed great in my routine usage. Now I have to remember to launch "Skype Preview" whenever my phone reboots. Putting aside aesthetics (Skype Preview looks like some Android or iOS application which isn't as crisp as the rest of W10M), there are functional annoyances with this change:

• I need to manually start Skype in order to receive Skype messages.
  • The People app no longer has any integration with Skype. I can't pin a person to my Start screen to easily send them a Skype message.
  • In fact, I can't really tell if there is any integration between my phone's Contacts and Skype's Contacts any more.
  • I no longer get Skype-sourced avatars/photos for my phone contacts. This means most of my phone contacts no longer have any photos or avatars?most of them were from Skype.
I for one really enjoyed the relatively seamless integration. I already miss it.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Although I had a few issues the Skype/Messaging integration worked reasonably well for me and I liked the tight integration.

Unfortunately, this isn't the first time Microsoft has done this and again I'm stuck figuring out how I should proceed. Although I like the new interface I'm wondering if I shouldn't ditch Skype altogether.

Microsoft really needs to get this stuff nailed down because they can't keep making these kinds of significant changes to user experience. This lack of stability is terrible for instilling loyalty.

anon(9668900)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
They're apparently going to integrate it, but through the Skype app and not through the messaging app. The problem was having two apps for messages and video of the same service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs