Glance screen Not working correctly

critta71

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 950 Updated this week
Running OS Build 10.0.14393.67
Now I have issues with glance screen. It appears to work as normal when running just on battery. But when I am charging it at night the glance screen doesn't seem to turn off. I waited a few times but only way to get it to go blank at night is to turn off the glance screen.
I tried looking for this or finding if this was a new method to the Microsoft way of thinking but have come up blank.
Any Ideas would be appreciated...

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
its a feature /s

glance after anniversary update is a new app, old one in extras is gone, the new app has less functionality than the old one, go send suggestions at the feedback hub so they implement the old glance's app features into the new system app soon

Milan Aleksic

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I have strange problems, glance screen see on lock screen wallpapers clone, less vissible but, When turned off, the problems disappear, no clone glance screen on display(multitasking screen), and second i have two glance screen app. Thanks.

markohr

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 950 Updated this week
Running OS Build 10.0.14393.67
Now I have issues with glance screen. It appears to work as normal when running just on battery. But when I am charging it at night the glance screen doesn't seem to turn off. I waited a few times but only way to get it to go blank at night is to turn off the glance screen.
I tried looking for this or finding if this was a new method to the Microsoft way of thinking but have come up blank.
Any Ideas would be appreciated...

If you cover proximity sensor the glance will turn off.

billy269

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Yes, the "new" glance is awful. Why does Microsoft insist on going backwards with features that were great previously? Do they want us to switch to Android?

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Recently I have noticed that Glance screen text (Time, Date, Calendar details, etc) don't move when Glance screen is ON.
Earlier I remember when Glance screen was ON, Text on Glance screen moved upwards after certain duration. I guess this was to avoid screen burning. But now its not happening, and text remains at same position whole day.
I have kept display Glance screen only for 30 sec. But it remains ON while charging, and it makes me worry whether it will affect screen.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Recently I have noticed that Glance screen text (Time, Date, Calendar details, etc) don't move when Glance screen is ON.
Earlier I remember when Glance screen was ON, Text on Glance screen moved upwards after certain duration. I guess this was to avoid screen burning. But now its not happening, and text remains at same position whole day.
I have kept display Glance screen only for 30 sec. But it remains ON while charging, and it makes me worry whether it will affect screen.

what phone do you have? you have to worry if you have one with an LCD display. There's no screen burn in with OLED

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
what phone do you have? you have to worry if you have one with an LCD display. There's no screen burn in with OLED
I have Lumia 830 which has LCD display.
But I was assuming that OLED screen burns more then LCD, so I was considering my display is safe.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
OLED is indeed at risk of screen burn in, so be careful in your overall use. Glance doesn't seem dangerous but it would be better if it moved (Like Nokia Sleeping Screen in 808)

Diamond67

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Earlier I remember when Glance screen was ON, Text on Glance screen moved upwards after certain duration. I guess this was to avoid screen burning. But now its not happening, and text remains at same position whole day

I have noticed that as well. Why do they change the good old settings so that they are worse now? That's not very clever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss