BLU is most likely not making any Win10M phones

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I bought two Blu Jrs for gifts. They were cheap and usable at the time. Now that I can still find Lumia 640s for $20 and it's significantly better than Blu, I don't blame them for folding. If they made something similar to the 650 at a lower price point, they could sell some, but there's no brand recognition to help them really.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
They would be more than justified to drop Windows Phone. With Microsoft focusing on enterprise, it makes little sense for Blu to switch gears. I can understand a company like HP or Acer since they also sell computers and have more of a presence in the enterprise market.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I think they have a much larger mindshare in Latin America than in the US, despite being based in Miami.
They have a larger share in LatAm because they're in Miami. You should see the number of Brazilians, Venezuelans and Argentines buying up cheap(ish) Blu, Yezz and Plum phones from Brands Mart USA (el cheapo Best Buy) everyday. Not to mention the droves of Cubans buying said cheapies to take to the island now that all 4 major carriers have roaming agreements with ETECSA (Cuba's cellular provider).

AlainF2016

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I also have a BLU HD LTE X150Q, and the battery is very good, on W8.1 it last easily two days, now with W10, it's almost as good as W8.1. The problem of the battery is with dual sim. I'm very satisfied with this phone.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They would be more than justified to drop Windows Phone. With Microsoft focusing on enterprise, it makes little sense for Blu to switch gears. I can understand a company like HP or Acer since they also sell computers and have more of a presence in the enterprise market.

Sort of... They just do straight RTM ROMs with no frills. They were never Flagships, they likely wouldn't put out a Continuum model.

It's all the same to them in the end if the RTM is 8.1.1 or 10.

I still hope they'll be back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss