BLU is most likely not making any Win10M phones

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Yea read that post. I will wait until they drop official news.

Perhaps we can spam them on twittwat (lol)

Would be weird for them to just walk away from it now. This would leave a lot of customers in the "cold"

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
We'll see. I agree that it is weird, but something that they did right was to release W10M to the phones that are supported.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
We'll see. I agree that it is weird, but something that they did right was to release W10M to the phones that are supported.

Amen! Soon the "WP is dead" gang will be reconvening and discussing clickbait titles for this new angle :p Thanks Blu

Aamir Mustafa

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The phones they made were restricted in selected regions and not well promoted and now if they are quitting then it is understood. when MS is not making phones then why others?

jimmy s1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
oem partners dropping out, MS will come out and re affirm it's partly user base for phones (suckers, us), surface phone will be released, and it will have 6 month old specs, and most likely flop, and here i'm still hoping for a turn around, cause i like windows phone

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
BLU has removed the Windows Phones link from their website. The story came from here: Blu drops Windows Phones from their redesigned home page - MSPoweruser

I did wonder why they have been quiet on the Windows Mobile front. I guess now we know that there's no Windows 10 Mobile phones from them (at least natively) in the future. Sad but this is understandable.
I wonder how long BLU will even stay in business. They can't be doing all that well with Android either, with all the companies like Huawei, OnePlus, etc.

If it were not for Windows Central, I never would have known BLU even existed, unlike the above-mentioned OEMs that make Android devices.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
There is still plenty of stuff about Windows phones on their site, but not on their home page. This may be indicative of something but you have to remember that Surur, the author of this article, is Mr. Doom and Gloom and rarely posts anything positive.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
There is still plenty of stuff about Windows phones on their site, but not on their home page. This may be indicative of something but you have to remember that Surur, the author of this article, is Mr. Doom and Gloom and rarely posts anything positive.

I think their website is just not properly finished. If you click devices and go to android you get a page that has a products section at the top in place of devices and windows phones are still there.

Honestly first time I saw the blu HD one and it actually looks pretty nice and I like the front speakers implementation but still maintaining less bezel. It's like the lumia 950xl could have gotten rid of the Microsoft logo and put a speaker there instead and then another speaker below where the microphone is. Obviously these would be used for media while for conversations you would maintain the speaker above the microsoft logo.

Ankush V1

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I have a blu win HD lte on snap dragon 410 1 gb ram originally coming with wm8 . I have officially updated to wm10 anniversary edition . The phone performs well but my main grudge is that it keeps dropping my WiFi constantly. Also there is no volte support and blue has said no volte support is planned in the future . Very low volume from speaker and mic . Satisfactory camera . Very very bad battery life . Lasts less than a day on single or dual sim usage . Battery life is unpredictable. I'd say if you can avoid buying it don't buy it. Buy only if you are on a strict budget . Due to the above faults u cannot use it as my primary phone and is in storage now . I own the blu win HD lte x150e .

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I think their website is just not properly finished. If you click devices and go to android you get a page that has a products section at the top in place of devices and windows phones are still there.

Exactly why I'm waiting for official news.. Seems weird for them to suddenly drop WP. The ride hasn't been all that smooth, but it can't be that bad. I can imagine that they haven't been booking high sales numbers, but it seems like a waste to just drop out like this

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I keep checking for new cheap w10m dual sim from them.

IDK about cheap, but I found this device to be good. Caveat, it has an adaptive tray so you are forced to sacrifice dual SIM if you want an SD card. Really tight build and a solid all around budget class phone.

I wonder how long BLU will even stay in business. They can't be doing all that well with Android either, with all the companies like Huawei, OnePlus, etc.

If it were not for Windows Central, I never would have known BLU even existed, unlike the above-mentioned OEMs that make Android devices.

I think they have a much larger mindshare in Latin America than in the US, despite being based in Miami.

Someone has a Blu Windows phone ?
A review would be very usefull

I did pretty extensive reviews of the Win HD and Win HD LTE for the forums. Other users have also reviewed the devices in those threads...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills