Storage Spaces Failed Drive Win10

yajinni

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Hello All

I had a drive fail in my Storage Spaces. Unfortunately i have not been able to get this resolved or remove the failed drive.

The fail drive when its connected to the computer clicks, is unreadable, and causes storage spaces in the control panel to crash and not open. So i am trying to remove the bad drive from the simple virtual disk but i just cant. The drive is currently disconnected and i get the following issues in power shell:

PS C:\Windows\system32> get-virtualdisk

FriendlyName ResiliencySettingName OperationalStatus HealthStatus IsManualAttach Size
------------ --------------------- ----------------- ------------ -------------- ----
ServerSS Simple Detached Unhealthy False 13.6 TB

PS C:\Windows\system32> get-physicaldisk

FriendlyName SerialNumber CanPool OperationalStatus HealthStatus Usage Size
------------ ------------ ------- ----------------- ------------ ----- ----
TOSHIBA MD04ACA500 25Q9K1T4FS9A False OK Healthy Auto-Select 4.55 TB
SAMSUNG HD204UI S2HGJ90Z902255 False OK Healthy Auto-Select 1.82 TB
SanDisk Ultra II 480GB 154486411696 False OK Healthy Auto-Select 447.13 GB
ST33000651AS 9XK09N6N True OK Healthy Auto-Select 2.73 TB
Bad False Lost Communication Warning Retired 1.82 TB
TOSHIBA MD04ACA500 25Q5K1O8FS9A False OK Healthy Auto-Select 4.55 TB

PS C:\Windows\system32> $DiskToRemove = Get-PhysicalDisk | Where-Object { $_.Usage -eq ?Retired?}

PS C:\Windows\system32> Remove-PhysicalDisk -PhysicalDisks $DiskToRemove -StoragePoolFriendlyName ?ServerPool"

Confirm
Are you sure you want to perform this action?
Removing a physical disk will cause problems with the fault tolerance capabilities of the following storage pool:
"ServerPool".
[Y] Yes [A] Yes to All [N] No [L] No to All Suspend [?] Help (default is "Y"): y
Remove-PhysicalDisk : The storage pool could not complete the operation because the health or operational status of
one or more virtual disks in it does not permit it.
Activity ID: {99eb2570-89b7-4f28-8889-ade65769859c}
At line:1 char:1
+ Remove-PhysicalDisk -PhysicalDisks $DiskToRemove -StoragePoolFriendly ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (StorageWMI:ROOT/Microsoft/..._StorageCmdlets) [Remove-PhysicalDisk], CimE
xception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : StorageWMI 48011,Remove-PhysicalDisk
Any advice? Really need some help. If i cant remove the one listed as bad the pool wont work.

I dont care if the data is lost off that drive. it shows only 0.3 utilized on it.

Any ideas?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo