using a hard drive with continum?

akroy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm finally back to windows phone. I couldn't pass on the latest deal on the 950xl with the included dock. is it possible to access hard drives while in continum? I have a some hard drives loaded with movies I use when I travel or go to my cabin but they wouldn't work with the dock but they will work with my pc. maybe I need some newer hard drives. if not I'm stuck dragging along a pc.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I'm finally back to windows phone. I couldn't pass on the latest deal on the 950xl with the included dock. is it possible to access hard drives while in continum? I have a some hard drives loaded with movies I use when I travel or go to my cabin but they wouldn't work with the dock but they will work with my pc. maybe I need some newer hard drives. if not I'm stuck dragging along a pc.

yes, you can connect up to 1TB using the Microsoft dock for the 950xl

Beercules

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
One more additional question: if the dock is connected to the TV and I connect HDD to dock - can I run videos from HDD using only TV? Phone plugged/unplugged. Or should I connect HDD directly to TV every time?

Update: find out myself. You can't access your HDD via your TV through the dock. Now it sound logic, since you connect dock with your TV by HDMI connection. Should have thought about that :D

Last edited:

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
simple answer is yes, but since the dock/ phone can only provide limited power out, so it would be wise to have extra power for the hard drive to run, either by using a usb hub with extra power plugin or the hard drive with extra power plug

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion