Problems tethering with 950xl

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I normally use my 950xl stateside with AT&T and can't remember having problems tethering (although I also can't remember if I used it on the 14393.103 build I'm on).

Currently traveling abroad in Ireland and picked up a SIM from iD. When I try to enable tethering, I now get the error

"The app from your mobile operator didn't respond in time"

I've never seen that before. What "app" are they even talking about?

Not about to pop my AT&T sim in to see if that one works. The people at the Carphone Warehouse say that tethering should work fine, but can't really help me with my device (Can't say I blame them either, being on Windows phone is becoming a very lonely affair).

Search of the Googles and the Bings yields absolutely zilch. Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas on how I might be able to fix it?

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I normally use my 950xl stateside with AT&T and can't remember having problems tethering (although I also can't remember if I used it on the 14393.103 build I'm on).

Currently traveling abroad in Ireland and picked up a SIM from iD. When I try to enable tethering, I now get the error

Not about to pop my AT&T sim in to see if that one works. The people at the Carphone Warehouse say that tethering should work fine, but can't really help me with my device (Can't say I blame them either, being on Windows phone is becoming a very lonely affair).

Search of the Googles and the Bings yields absolutely zilch. Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas on how I might be able to fix it?

A reboot or a soft reset?

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

adjust AP settings in cellular for the new sim

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Turns out iD doesn't actually support tethering, and that was the problem. So ultimately the carrier's fault, but I still blame MS too for a completely cryptic error message.

On the bright side, installing interop tools and turning off the carrier check for tethering cleared this problem right up.

Skip W

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
Turns out iD doesn't actually support tethering, and that was the problem. So ultimately the carrier's fault, but I still blame MS too for a completely cryptic error message.

On the bright side, installing interop tools and turning off the carrier check for tethering cleared this problem right up.

How did you do that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos