Lockscreen Slideshow not working

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My Windows Spotlight started switching lockscreen pics today for the first time since the AU. All by itself. I didn't do anything.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Same with me, it comes on maybe 5% of the time - going to try the .187 update

I've been on .187 since it released and no change. I'm still showing the same Spotlight pic. I'm thinking of stripping the folder where Spotlight resides to force a reset, but that means you cycle through all the pics you've seen previously.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been on .187 since it released and no change. I'm still showing the same Spotlight pic. I'm thinking of stripping the folder where Spotlight resides to force a reset, but that means you cycle through all the pics you've seen previously.

what's the procedure on that? I need to try it too this Sunday

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How to save Windows Spotlight lockscreen images so you can use them as wallpapers | Windows Central

Windows + R

Paste this: %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets

Hit OK.

This reveals the Spotlight cache. Deleting the files should reset Spotlight back to the beginning of time and you will see older images at first and then new ones later on. You get to vote on them again as well. It should start on the next boot. I've just stripped my folder clean. I'll let you know how it worked tomorrow when I boot again.

I accidentally discovered this when I went to save them one time and just cut and pasted the files to another folder instead of copying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12