Are delays killing the momentum W10M has?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
It's no secret that there have been delays when it comes to W10M. Most recently:

Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update delayed for Japan's VAIO Phone Biz | Windows Central

HP Elite x3 shipments from U.S. Microsoft Store delayed until Sept. 26 | Windows Central

The windows faithful will say it's better to delay instead of pushing products that aren't fully ready yet...

The not so faithful will say that they've heard this song before... "coming soon"

All in all tho, these delays will obviously slow down any progress MS could've made when it comes to winning back marketshare.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
In all seriousness the delays have become a way of life for this platform.

Seems as though we are way past anger and frustration then the jokes and levity fill in.

I read all of the "this or that is forthcoming" and have learned to expect nothing.

It's extremely difficult to care these days and that is so very sad.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
No, not really. I mean it depends, some delays are bad, others are meh, but generally it's not the delays that got us here where we are now.
I also got used to them, though I actually don't even experience that much delays, because I don't pre-order any phones or anything similar, and as for the software - there's always the Insider Preview.
So it's (mostly) all good for me. The problem is that not everyone is like me.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
well the thing is nadella made procrastination a company policy, its a service right? so if it can be shipped later, it WILL be shipped later, there's always something you can add to argue a delay, "it will be worth it"

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
The most interest in a product occurs exactly when the product is released. This is the time when people take the time to test it, report on it and give their impressions. First impressions are the most important. So you screw up the first impression you ain't getting a second date. ;)

950/950xl come to mind. They have become more refined and everything about them is better but they ain't getting a second chance.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
950/950xl come to mind. They have become more refined and everything about them is better but they ain't getting a second chance.

True.. most users were pretty bummed with the OS version they received at that time... Not sure how MS missed most of those bugs/glitches

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
The most interest in a product occurs exactly when the product is released. This is the time when people take the time to test it, report on it and give their impressions. First impressions are the most important. So you screw up the first impression you ain't getting a second date. ;)

Anyone here in UK old enough *cough* *cough* to remember the Sinclair QL computer back in the 80s? This was similar in that it was also rushed to market with an unfinished OS. It was eventually rectified but the company never recovered because of the initial impression made. Of course Microsoft is a much wealthier and more diversified company in comparison so they're in no immediate danger. On the other hand there is always the ever present danger of complacency because of this.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The momentum has already largely been killed after the whole W10M transition and the combined instability of early releases and seemingly slow development pace, lost features, etc.

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I just think about the surface, Remember Microsoft took over most of the tablet market or should I say windows did, and Microsoft can easy come back with a new phone, but question is should it be android? or allow a android store, android basically copied windows that's how it got so big.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
For those that remember Gone With the Wind, Scarlett O'Hara is famous for saying "I can't worry about that today; I'll worry about that tomorrow."

Does anyone else think this is MS thought for the day.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I just think about the surface, Remember Microsoft took over most of the tablet market or should I say windows did, and Microsoft can easy come back with a new phone, but question is should it be android? or allow a android store, android basically copied windows that's how it got so big.

A) Defeats the universal app platform completely - Windows is becoming device agnostic to put it simply. B)Leave all the API changes, core optimisations to a competitor... lol. AOSP is bare bones, it will need quite a lot of work to get it where it needs to be.

For those that remember Gone With the Wind, Scarlett O'Hara is famous for saying "I can't worry about that today; I'll worry about that tomorrow."

Does anyone else think this is MS thought for the day.

due tomorrow. do tomorrow.jpg

:winktongue::grincry:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

It won't be that easy :/ Even with the Surface Pro's it took some time before people fully gave it the recognition it deserved.

MS has lost a lot of users when it comes to mobile and the Surface Phone will be geared towards enterprise so it won't be accessible to everyone.

No to the android thing tho....

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
True.. most users were pretty bummed with the OS version they received at that time... Not sure how MS missed most of those bugs/glitches

They didn't miss it, it's pretty clear windows 10 wasn't started to be made for mobile until Anniversary. Kinda like windows 10 wasn't tablet somewhat passable, until threshold.

Well at least they are back on track now I guess. Full steam ahead?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786