AdBlock Whitelist Stopped Working

mggm100

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I have whitelisted a few websites I used multiple times daily because I want to help support them. I don't know exactly when this started, but I noticed today that ads were blocked on those sites.

I went back into AdBlock and noticed they no longer appeared in the list of unblocked sites. I set them back up again, but nothing happens. The ads on those sites are still blocked. I am using the AdBlock extension on Edge.

UPDATE: Okay, after exploring a bit I enabled the "button next to the address bar." Using the menu that pops up from the button, I was able to get the whitelist feature to work. For some reason it seems to have stopped working from AdBlock's settings menu as it did before.

Mike

Last edited:

mggm100

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
do extensions also get updates? If yes, is there a way to check for updates and do them?

I just checked and saw that it was updated on 09/02/16. They are updated the same way other Store apps are updated. That must be when the issue started. I hope future updates don't keep deleting the whitelist.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I just checked and saw that it was updated on 09/02/16. They are updated the same way other Store apps are updated. That must be when the issue started. I hope future updates don't keep deleting the whitelist.

you can change store settings to let you update apps manually instead of automatically - it's what I do

impromark

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
With the news that ABP is now "selling" ads, I'm honestly looking at alternatives. Though with the way things are heding, a few years from now ad blockers will be replaced with ad curators anyway, no..?

Mark

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos