Texting using continuum

Charlie Brown10

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
If I buy the lumia 950 and connect to a spare monitor I have using continuum will I be able to text from my monitor using a keyboard and mouse showing the texting app up on my large screen? Anyone currently doing this? Secondly could I also hook up to a Monitor that is also being used as a pc? So that I would have an extra window on my Screen to Text from while using my Pc for work? Thanks just cant find any info on this and will only purchase a Windows phone if texting works great as my Nexus 5x works great using an app for this currently.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Just plugged my 950XL into my dock, brought up messaging and typed away on my keyboard and sent a text, so the first part works.

I have no idea on how you would connect to a second monitor, when you set up Continuum you get a choice of wired or wireless, there is only one HDMI out on the dock, and I doubt there is any software within Continuum to support multiple monitors. In effect with Continuum you are already connected to two the one on the dock and the screen on the phone.

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
the first part +Bobvfr answered perfectly, yes you can text on continuum screen.
wp_ss_20160911_0002.png
second question , I don't really get it. so you want to text from pc ? or still text from continuum of the phone?
but basically you can text from PC or continuum thru Cortana/ notification center at the right.
for PC , you need to enable Cortana and notification sync, then you can receive and reply text as shown in screenshot below.
Sketch1.png
and similar screen in continuum mode on phone as well. as below
wp_ss_20160911_0001.png

besides, after anniversary updates (or maybe Redstone 2, not sure, since I am on insider build right now), you can see someone calling on continuum mode or on your PC screen.
wp_ss_20160911_0003.png

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo